𝟭𝟱 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘺

TW: Secret relationship, mentions of injuries, and smoking

[Brooklyn Baby - Lana Del Rey]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

That mission was absolute horse shit. It was the worst mission I've ever had the pleasure of being on. We were ambushed right from the get-go, and a lot of us got hurt. When we got back to the compound, it was a sombre atmosphere. Eden picked it up and didn't offer to cook dinner, seeing that everyone just wanted to be by themselves and heal. But, Tony had other plans. He offered to take us all to a bar to drink our troubles away, and pretty much all of us were vigilant. We didn't want to go out and maybe be recognised, having to pretend that we didn't face near death. But, a few of them couldn't resist the offer of free alcohol. Steve and I obviously didn't care about the alcohol, but Tony said he could bring some of the secret stash of Thor's Asgardian alcohol, and it would have a temporary effect on us. That got us in the car and on the way to the bar.

When we arrived, It was not what I was expecting. The bar was small, quiet, and calm. This is defiantly not the type of bar I would expect Tony Stark to enjoy going to. But, when Natasha asked, Tony said that this wasn't his choice of place, but Eden's. Now that I know that, I can see it. There isn't too much going on inside, but the decoration is minimal yet nice. This does look like a place where Eden Stark would go for a drink. Soft music plays in the background as some of us spread out, a few going straight to the pool table and the rest walking to the bar. Tony orders a round of shots and pours some Asgardian alcohol into Steve and my glasses, secretly slipping some into his own. The bartender sees this, but obviously notices who Tony is and doesn't say anything. Everyone downs the first round and impatiently awaits the second. Some space out, but Eden stays next to me, leaning against the bar on her elbow, facing me. No one says anything about it, too concentrated on downing their troubles away.

"Are you okay?" She asks. "I heard what happened."

"Yeah, I'm fine," I mumble.

"Bucky," She places her hand on my arm. "Are you okay?"

"No," I sigh. "I was scared."

"Why? What happened?" She retracts her hand when she sees others looking. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"I want to, I just don't want to scare you."

"You won't, I promise."

"Okay," I look at her. "It was packed already when we got in there, and when I walked through the hallways, Steve and Sam were trailing behind me. I was left behind and one of the HYDRA guards had a gun pointed at my temple." She gasps. "I didn't try and stop him. I froze. A part of me was ready and I just looked into his eyes. But, as he was about to pull the trigger, Steve threw his Shield at him and knocked the gun out of his hands."

"Did you get hurt?"

"No," I shake my head. "I was fine when I got out and had all the information needed, but I was just shaken."

My body starts to tremble at the thought of that mention. It's not like I haven't had a gun pointed at me before, but this time was different than before. The Soldier has had his fair share of near-death experiences but with nothing left to lose, it didn't scare him. Now, I have something to live for. At that moment, all I could think about was what I would be leaving behind. How would Eden react when she heard that I was killed on a mission? I wouldn't want her to hear some news like that. The same way I would break down if I heard she got killed, even hurt. I know now that I need to take extra precautions in order for something like that to not happen. But, I don't know where I would start.

Eden notices my change in mood, and grabs my hand, pulling me away from the bar. We walk out of a side door, and into an alleyway. It's dark and cramped, the walls are ruined with cigarette burns and grime. Eden leans against it, pulling out a box from her jean pocket. I never knew she smoked, and that she's good at it. She looks natural and relaxed as she lights the bud, pulling the smoke into her lungs. She offers me the box, and I quickly take it. I haven't had a cigarette in a long time, but I remember how they made me feel. I could concentrate on the tobacco flavour instead of whatever horror was swimming in my mind.

"I didn't know you smoked." She smiles.

"I didn't know you did either."

"Yeah, and neither does my father or Steve, so I would appreciate it if you didn't snitch. I did give you one of my cigs, after all."

"I won't tell," I laugh. "You don't have to bribe me."

"It's not a bribe, just a reminder." She smirks.

"You don't need to remind me, it's a nasty habit I picked up from the war."

At the same time, we pull another hit of the smoke, inhaling and quickly exhaling. She kicks her body off the opposite wall and walks over to me, leaning against the bricks next to me and our shoulders touch. Now that we know how we feel about each other, that contact doesn't have a weird feeling. It still affects me but in a good way. I like it when she goes out of her way to touch me, crave it even. Once our cigarettes are done, the ends touching our fingertips, we push them against the wall, burning out the end. Both of us don't make a move to leave, loving the calm atmosphere we have around each other. Eden turns to face me with a smile on her face. I smile at her smile, loving the way her skin crinkles as she does. She leans on her tippytoes, kissing the corner of my lips. When she goes to do it again, I move my head, slamming my lips onto hers. We both smile into the kiss but are forced to pull away from each other when there is movement near the back door from inside the bar. Eden smirks as she makes her way back inside, me following behind her like a lost puppy.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT