Corey x Joey (I love them sm omfg)

Prompt: corey is attending a dinner thrown in his honor, but he deeply embarrassed himself during a speech, so Joey goes and comforts him

Corey's POV

I was so happy! I was actually getting thrown a dinner in my honor! First two Kerrang! awards, then this!!

I happily sighed and picked up my fork, shoving a mouth full of Wagyu Beef into my mouth. It was so good, the texture melted in my mouth. The juicy meat slithered down my throat (yes I made this as gay as possible🏳️‍🌈). 

"Hey Cor! Congrats!" I look over and Joey sits next to me with a plate of food. He was dressed really nice, in a leather jacket and a skirt, fitted with chains. To top it off, he had some platforms on. Not necessarily the fancy wear, but he still looked amazing.

I smiled. "Thanks Joey, thanks for comin'." He smiled and picked up a fork. "Of course! Why wouldn't I?" I shrugged and forked another piece of Wagyu Beef into my mouth.

I chewed and swallowed. "The rest of the band didn't." He rolled his eyes. "Well. I'm here, and I care. Plus," He picked up some food with his fork and held it up. "This shit is so fucking good."

I smiled. Typical Joey. "Yea, it is. Im pretty sure this meat is worth like, 200$ per pound." He smiled and I gave him a look.

"That's.." "Don't you dare." He gave me a devilish grin. "That's what she said!" He started laughing, and I couldn't help but smile and shake my head.

"I'm bein' serious!" "Me too!" I groaned and looked away. He smiled and calmed down. "I'm just playin' man, c'mon! Lighten up! You're so tense."

He rolled his eyes and got up. Stepping behind me, he started massaging my shoulders. "It's 'cus I got that speech." "Ohhhh." He continued rubbing my shoulder.

"You'll do great! I just know it." I shook my head and took another bite. "Don't jinx it." I said with a mouth full. He laughed. "Ok ok. But seriously, I really do think you'll do great. Y'know what you're gonna talk about?"

I nodded and shoved another fork worth into my mouth. "Yep. Gon' talk about how cool I am, and how special I am." I could tell Joey rolled his eyes. "Special needs." I gasped and dropped my fork.

"How dare you!" He started laughing. "I'm just jokin' Cor, you know it." I smiled and shook my head. I went down to fork up some more food, but I had realized that I had eaten it all. "Aw man. Can you come up with me to get some more food?"

He shrugged. "Sure." I grabbed my plate and stood up. He moved from behind me and ate one last bite before following me into the food where the food was kept. 

We reached the food bar and I started putting food on my plate. We heard talking from the other room so we turned around. "We should go check that out." Joey mumbled.

"Oh! Shit yea, people are gonna be makin' speeches soon." Joey gave me a look. "Seriously Corey!? How could you not know, you dumbass!" I gave him a pouty face and stuck out my bottom lip.

"Stawp inswulting me..I have a swpeech and ywou're making me rweally sad.." I said in my best baby voice. Joey tried to force down a smile, but couldn't and looked away. "Just shut up Corey! C'mon, we gotta go!"

I chuckled and lightly grabbed his arm, tugging him into the other room, abandoning my plate in the process. "Corey I can walk-." I shrugged. "Whateves." He smiled and allowed me to pull him into the next room. 

We entered the room and looked around. There was a guy in a fancy suit saying some speech about being grateful that people showed.

However, I started to get nervous for the speech. I just knew I was gonna talk about being grateful and how I got here, but I didn't actually have a speech prepared.