Chapter 17: Everyday

Meanwhile, back in Albuquerque, a high-pitched scream could be heard all over the resort. Troy cringed at the sound as he stood in front of Sharpay, who was the source of the scream. From behind him, William and Harry had closed their ears at the sound. Sharpay fanned herself frantically and said, rushing over to Troy, "What do you mean you're not doing the show?!" Troy replied, shrugging his shoulders, "Exactly that." Sharpay narrowed her eyes and said, "We're singing a duet, Troy!! A duet means two people. Well, mostly me in this case, but whatever. A duet!!" Troy sighed and replied, "I'm an employee. Employees aren't allowed in the show." From her spot on the stage at the piano, Kelsi smiled at the scene. She decided to take her phone out to record the conversation to send to Grace. She hoped that by sending it, Grace would see that Troy was changing. Sharpay shook her head and said, "No, no, no, no, no. You're an honorary member!" Troy replied, "Not anymore, I've asked Fulton for my kitchen job back." Sharpay looked at the basketball captain confused and said, "What?" Troy sighed and replied, "Sharpay, I don't like the way you've been treating my friends, especially my girlfriend. *Sharpay rolled her eyes at him* And I don't like the way I've been treating them either, so I'm doing something about it."

Behind him, Will and Harry grinned, proud that Troy was learning from his mistake. Sharpay then pulled him over to a table that had a reserved sign on it and said, "An entire table of University boosters are coming to see you, thanks to me. Not to mention, the Prince of Wales and his family are here! And right now, we have a show to do!" Troy replied, pulling himself out of her tight grip, "So, I'll be their waiter! They'll be thrilled!" Sharpay groaned and said, "Troy, Troy. This could change your life!" Troy replied, "I'm more interested in what my friends think of me and what I think of myself!" Sharpay said, rolling her eyes, "Oh, we can all hold hands around the campfire and sing kumbaya some other time. Right now, we've got a show to do." Troy shook his head and said, "No, you've got a show to do. I've got a kitchen to clean." Sharpay stood in her place, shocked at the fact that someone had said no for the first time to her. She watched as Troy walked over to Will and Harry who gave him high-fives, happy for their friend.

That evening, Taylor stood outside the resort entrance as she greeted guests as they passed her. As she did, a black limousine pulled into the driveway and stopped in front of Taylor. A security guard then appeared from the vehicle along with another one who stood off to the side of the door facing Taylor. She watched as the other guard opened the door and held out his hand for the passenger. The passenger stepped out, taking the guard's hand, and revealed themselves to be Grace. Taylor grinned at the sight of her best friend and said to her, "Hey, you're back!" Grace smiled and replied, going over to her, "That I am." Taylor said, pulling her friend with her as she led her into the resort, "Well, we need to get you all glammed up for the performance. Gabby will explain everything." Grace tried to get more information from her two friends before they whisked her off. At the reception area, the guests were talking amongst themselves as they took their respective seats at their respective tables. As for the Anderson family, they were seated with Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William, and Prince Harry. Katherine looked around the area, wishing her daughter was with them. Camilla noticed and said, "Everything alright, dear?" Katherine only gave the woman a small smile and replied, "I only wish Grace was here. I haven't seen her all night." Charles chuckled and said to his sister, "I'm sure she's fine. She's probably off with her friends. You all only did just get back from a brief visit to England and she was probably itching to see her friends and that boyfriend of hers." Just then, Mr. Fulton took to the stage. He cleared his throat into the microphone and said, grabbing everyone's attention, "And now it's time for our five time Star Dazzle Award winner, Miss Sharpay Evans, singing this year with our assistant golf pro, Mr. Troy Bolton." At that announcement, Katherine turned to her sons and husband with confusion on her face. Why would the Evans girl be singing with her daughter's boyfriend? As far as she knew, they were still together. Troy made his way to the stage and let out a nervous breath. His eyes searched the crowd for the love of his life but when he didn't see her with her family, his heart dropped. Just then, Kelsi began to play the piano and that was his cue to start singing.