Chapter 18

"Alright, what do you want to ask me about heat?" Jin hyung sits down as he wipes his hands dry.
"I-I wanted to know how it feels and what is mating?"
"First heat is usually more intense and it hurts. Feels like a boxer is punching you non-stop and hot. Definitely. But you won't be as hot as me."

I giggle at the dad jokes that Jin hyung made. One of the perks of talking with Jin hyung is that you would get to enjoy his dad jokes.

"But it is a very tiring process as it might lasts up to 4 to 7 days depending on the omegas. And this is where your alpha comes in, which happens to be Yoongi."
"A-And what do we do?"
"Usually mating is also done during the heat period. This is where the alpha knot their omegas and bite onto their neck. You see how my neck has a bite mark? This is from NamJoon. Once you have this bite mark, you won't react to other alpha's pheromones and it is a sign to let everyone know you have a mate."
"What is a mate?"
"Mate is someone that are destined to be together. They are born for each other and they will be together till death. Most of the times no one is able to come between them as their love for each other are very strong."
"B-But what if I am not Yoongi hyung's destined mate? Wo-Would he go out and find another?"
"Silly boy. Most of the time, omegas can find their mate the easiest. Yes, omegas get attracted to a lot of other alphas' scent but there is one scent that would get the omegas hooked on. The scent will naturally pull your body and soul towards that alpha. And that is how you know, you found your mate."
"So during my heat, Yoongi hyung and I would know if we are destined for each other?"
"Yes."
"And what happends during the knot thing?"
"For knot, it's something like the alpha's muscle expanded inside the omega to make sure the omega gets all the fluids. And most of the time, an omega gets pregnant through a knot."
"But why didnt't you and Tae hyung get pregnant?"
"Well, because we took the morning after pill as we both are not ready to have kids yet. Furthermore, having kids requires a lot of patience and time. I got none for another kid."
"I see."
"Don't worry, Jimin. When the time comes, you will know. And Yoongi is a gentleman. He may looks ferocious and strict but he is actually a very sweet guy."
"Alright, thank you hyung, for explaining all of this to me."
"No problem."

After I thanks Jin hyung, I decided to walk around the garden as I try to absorb what Jin hyung told me. I truly hope Yoonie hyung is my mate as I really wanted to be with him for the rest of my life.