Back to the tomboy

Rose POV
I woke up to a loud bang. was it the junkie that lives above me being cracked out again or was it the drunkard downstairs beating his wife again? I honestly have no clue. I walk to my kitchen where I keep my bottled water, because I don't trust my sink water. I grab one and open it, taking a drink, nice and cold. I walk back to my room, looking around it, then to my gun safe. I walked over to it, what should I carry today? A good old Glock nine millimeter to kill the body, or a 1911 .45acp to kill the soul as well? Can't have the bastard or bitch I shoot come back as a lich. I pick it up and put it in a holster. I go put on my uniform, the one I wear for my job. I stretch as I use one hand to put my holster on. I walk out to my car, a creep giving me a, well frankly, creepy look. I put my hand on the handle of the pistol on my hip, and throw him a "fucking try me" look and continue on my way to my vehicle. I get in, lock my doors, and toss my pistol in the back, my boss wasn't a fan of us having guns in the building, which is understandable. I drove to the local movie theater to start my shift. Today there's a premier, so god damn it's going to be a long day. Hopefully I'll see Finny again, he doesn't often come in because he's not a fan of the general theater experience. I go to the back and clock in, my coworker coming in behind me.

Rose: "morning Jim"

Jim: "Hey Rose, ready for the premiere at noon?"

Rose: "nope, what's the movie even about?"

Jim: "I don't know, I think it's a world war 2 drama, but hey, at least the boss lets us have a private screening of it tonight before we go"

Rose: "heh, that's true"

We both clock in and go to the concessions, where we're permanently stationed. I hope to god it won't be too intolerable. Soon, the people getting the venue ready for it walk in, getting the theater ready for the paparazzi and fans. I checked the canisters for the pop machines, full. I check the pretzels, nacho machines, popcorn machine, if it's a food product of any kind I check and fill it/make more. I sigh, wishing I could just be home in a locked apartment drawing porn for horny furries or anthros willing to pay me money. I sigh and walk to a register, preparing myself as I see the fans flock to the sides of the red carpet. Soon, the limo with the actors, actresses, and their plus ones shows up, and I smile. It's always fun to see and meet the actors and actresses. They get out and something surprises me, Farrell and his girlfriend is among them. I smile looking at them, the new kid who's on his first day was slack jawed.

Rose: "what's wrong Frank, star struck?"

Frank; "y-yeah, w-woah"

Rose: "just you wait kid, they're just like you and me"

Frank: "really?"

Rose: "well most of them are, but the big guy, he's easily the best of the lot"

Frank: "how do you know?"

Rose: "he's my best friend"

His brain broke, and i smiled at him.

Rose: "heh, you're a interesting one Frank"

The folks walk in, Farrell wrapping his arm around the white and green wolf bitch he's with now, but, I keep a civil face on.

Farrell: "good Mornin rose!"

Rose: "morning Finny!"

Farrell: "great to see you here again!"

Rose: "good to see you again too! And Mornin to you too, Adrianna wasn't it?"

Adrianna: "yup, that's me, nice to meet you too Rose, but why did you just call him Fi-"

Rose: "because that's his birth name, Finnegan!"

He kinda went silent, and she looked up at him

Adrianna: "huh?"

Farrell: "I'll explain tonight"

They get their snacks, I start feeling bad now, it's completely understandable. He doesn't like bringing it up, but I did anyways. My leg twitches as they go. Today is the only event for today, no other movies are being played so it'll be nice to get a full day's wage for two showings. I decided to take a bucket of popcorn, of course I was going to pay. I just smacked on it while I worked, looking around at my friends here. I'm turning in my two weeks soon, I can't work here any longer. I heard the convenience store pays better and has better hours anyways. Soon, the rush comes in. Hundreds of excited and hungry fans of the actors ready for their newest film. I start dishing up popcorn. After about what felt like an hour, all the idiots went through. My arms were burning from the running around doing everything. I had been one of two people getting snacks ready and sent out. We had several hundred orders and only two people actually doing anything. Normally, I'm a relaxed and go with the flow kind of person, but there was 8-9 people there, there should've been more than two fucking people doing something. I just grit my teeth and decided I was turning my two weeks in today and start doing art full time, I have a lot of folks trying to commission me constantly but I can't because I work, well sorry boys. I've been loyal for a few years now and I'm done. Soon the theater lets out and I see my manager apologizing to an actress. I tilt my head but shrug. Soon the day is over, so I walk to my boss looking professional. He tilted his head at me.

Rose: "hey boss, I wanna turn in my two weeks"

Boss: "oh, uh, you sure?"

Rose: "Yes"

Boss: "oh, alright then"

he seemed upset, but also couldn't really do anything about it. He just sighed and walked to the office and I started getting ready to leave. I bump into Farrell and Adrianna and we look at each other, my tail was tucked and I looked like I was angry.

Farrell: "you good Rosie?"

Rose: "honestly, no, I'm not"

Adrianna: "wassup?"

Rose: "I've been one of the only concessions stand workers doing anything the entire shift"

They look at me and both give me a big hug, haha bisexuality go brrrrrrrrrrr! I blush and nuzzle up to Farrell a little bit before they let me go

Farrell: "why don't you go home and get something to eat and rest?"

Rose: "trust me, that's the plan"

I waved and walked to my vehicle, sitting down in the driver's seat and face planted into the steering wheel, not hurting myself but decompressing and allowing my anger out. It was through tears. I just cried into my steering wheel for a solid 30 minutes, frustration and anger just coming out of no where. After that 30 minutes I just started the engine and started driving away, feeling more relaxed as I drove. As I got home I looked at the old Apartments I live at, and just shake my head. Not tonight. I pull up my gps and look up nearby hotels. I drove to a decent one after getting a change of clothes, my laptop, drawing tablet, and a swimming suit. I walk to the counter and smiled

Rose: "hey man, could I book a room for the weekend?"

Clerk: "Normally you should call in but got a near 100% vacancy this weekend"

Rose: "of course, sorry, I just got out of work and this was a spur of the moment decision"

I pay for the weekend and get some wristbands

Rose: ?

Clerk: "you gotta put one to enter then pool area"

Rose: "Ah, makes sense"

I go to my room and start showering, soon walking out and laying down, relaxing. I look at ceiling and look around my room. No junkies and abusive husbands or wives here. I can sleep aaaaaalllllllll day if I want too. I smiled and covered myself with the blanket and started cuddling up to the pillow, starting to fall asleep.

Chapter Ende