Epilogue

7 years later

7 years later

The breeze flows by through the windows, chilling everything around us. Delhi is always awfully cold in winters. I pull the quilt tighter around myself as another body snuggles close to mine. She looks up at me with her pretty-pretty eyes.

"It's so cold." I nod and pull her closer. "Take those clothes off and I'll give you more heat than you need." She smacks my chest and laughs.

"This door would be banged open in the next five minutes. I don't think we will be done by then." Clever woman. I'll take my time with her then. I snuggle her more into my chest, the leaves on trees move along with the chilly wind. The castle has always been our home. We came back here after my mother got arrested. She was given a life sentence in attempt to murder. She didn't deny a single thing. Still too proud.

Veera didn't live in the city anymore and Vidyut sold the house we grew up in and bought an apartment for himself. He lives there with his partner. It's good to see him all happy. He didn't want kids of his own so he flutters over mine, since we live in the same city.

Thinking of the devil, the door bangs open and Amaira laughs in my chest. "How are they this punctual? They are kids!" If I could go back to being a kid, I would never wake up this early.

Shaira jumps up on the bed and huffs. "Mumma, papa! Get up! It's new year!" She screams down at us just as Amaira untucks herself from me. I look to my side and find another set of eyes looking up at me. I lean forward and wrap my arms around my younger daughter to pick her up and set her on the bed.

The girl walks over me and hugs Amaira. Shaira huffs. "Amisha! You are supposed to help me. Bolo dono ko ki jaldi uthe."

(Tell the both to hurry and get up.)

Amisha is our four year old daughter. She is the sweeter one. She looks at us happily and lays down between us. Shaira smacks her forehead. "Why do you do this, Amisha?" I grab the drama queen's hand and pull her beside me.

"Because she is nice and sweet and didn't spend as much time with my brother."

"No papa, Vidyut chachu is the best!"

"Acha beta? To jao, ussi ka khoon piyo. Vahi raho."

(Really child? Then go, annoy him. Live there only.)

"You get so jealous of your own brother husband."

"I am not jealous of him darling, he has just turned my daughter against me." Shaira shakes her head again. "You promised to teach me horse riding papa. Get up!"

She pulls us all up and out of the bed. Who the hell in their right mind would want to know horse riding in this weather? My daughter apparently.

We all get dressed and my wife puts another sweater on Shaira. "Mumma no!"

"Yes! You're going to fall sick and then you're going to complain about it."

I look at Amisha who is in my arms and she smiles at me. What a sweet summer child she is. Shouldn't have let Vidyut spend that much time with Shaira. But he deserves it. He was there for my child when I wasn't. I can't take her away from him now.

I just wish he stopped trying to to turn her into a mini him. She asked if we could get a cat the other day. Thank goodness we told her we have horses and she quitened down. Cats are great but they are alot of work.

We walk out of the house and to the barn where the two horses are already out. Melena and Maximus stand tall. Both my daughters gasp when they see them.

"They are soo big." I look at Amisha and smile. "Yeah, and you're so tiny. You still want to learn?" She nods her head very enthusiastically.

Amaira takes Shaira close to her horse Melena, who accepts the child warmly. I walk to Maximus who still looks all grumpy but doesn't turn away from Amisha. Amaira huffs in his direction. "Why do you only hate me you grumpy horse? What have I done? I even gave birth to the little girl you seem all fine with."

He ignores her. "Are these your horses?" My wife nods at Shaira who looks lost in a world of wonder. "Will I get my own?" Two more horses are brought out of the barn. They are small. Alot smaller than the ones we have had for years. Amaira turns to Maximus again. "You even made babies with my horse, atleast now you should like me." It's honestly hilarious.

My horse sputters. He leans his face towards my wife and presses his nose against her shoulder. He is honestly done with all this, it's better to give up. The baby horses are too young for us to put our kids on them. It's their time to have fun.

"They will be your horses when they are older. For now, it's only the giant two." Both my wife and I settle on our horses and pull our kids in front of us. Both the girls hold the reins for dear life. We take them up for a slow ride. The horses merely trot over the grass. I taught my wife how to ride more than seven years ago. The memory still fresh.

Life has been kind to us. Something it wasn't to the people who lived here before us. Atleast I didn't die the hands of my parent's betrayal. Atleast my wife hadn't died of a heartbreak. No. None of that. We are together. And we have two beautiful daughters. We have a family. A happy satisfied family. I have a job that I love. My wife has a business she takes extremely good care of. Anything and everything we have is great.

It's better than what happened to them in the past. And I wish that wherever those two are now, they are together. Because I would find my way to Amaira even in death.

My wife turns to find me looking at her and raises a brow. I shake my head.

"I love you." She smiles at my words.

"I love you too."

"Aur papa mai? And Amisha?"

(Papa what about me?)

I laugh as I look at Shaira sitting on Melena infront of her mother. "I love you Shaira." And then I turn to my younger daughter. "I love you Amisha." They both smile at me.

Sometimes I think why I didn't die in that accident. What did I come back for? Then I see my three girls and I know. For them. Anything and everything I do, will always be for them.

THE END

🌸

This is the end of Resham. I hope you liked it. I would really appreciate if you could tell me your thoughts.

Very honestly, when I started Resham, it wasn't supposed to be a paranormal romance or a murder thriller either. It was supposed to be a simple story of two people in an arranged marriage falling in love. But I just turned it around because there are many books of that simple love story type.

So I turned it around to this. I am not sure if that worked out or not but I wrote it and I am happy with it. So this would be the end of this book.

The next book is Rehnuma. It's on my account. It would be Veera's story. I'll republish the introduction with a few changes in warnings, please make sure you read them and I'll start updating that book soon.

With that, thank you so much for being with me in this journey and I appreciate all the love you've given this book. Thank you and I'll see you in the next book.

Love,
Author🤍