Chapter 10

They were finally finished with the basketball tournament and the computer science department had won. By the time they finished the tournament it was already the middle of March. Their professor set up the 1v1 between Cora and Nik for the next week after they finished the tournament.

Everyone had been so busy lately that they hadn't even been online to play the game that they play together. They probably wouldn't be online much until after finals and the semester ended. But that was ok with Cora. In fact during the summer there was a lot going on in their game. There were going to be two different pk tournaments. One where couples would fight other couples and the other was the basic 1v1. The top 3 from each server would face off against the players of the other servers. It would be the same for the couple pk tournament.

Thinking about the pk tournaments coming up that summer got Cora excited. She loved playing the game and she hadn't done any tournaments in the game since she started playing it.

She first had to get through the 1v1 against Nik, then there were finals, and finally the college hosted a talent show before the semester ended for the summer. Then summer would start officially. All of this would take place in the next month and a half. Cora was sure that it would go fast.

In the next week Cora made sure to practice in the gym every other day. She normally would have practiced every day but she also had to be sure to finish all her assignments and study so that she was ready for exams.

Where Cora only practiced every other day, Nik made sure to practice everyday. There is no way he would accept losing this time. Normally he was the type that was ok if he lost, but this time he couldn't afford to lose. He was ready to make her his and he could tell that she had started to develop feelings for him.

Finally it was the day that Cora and Nik would play against each other in front of the whole college. Or at least those that were willing to pay to watch the two most popular people battle it out in basketball. They ate breakfast with all of their friends like they usually did.

Cora greeted everyone when she sat down at the table next to Nik. A little while after she started eating she remembered that she had had a question for Nik. "Question. Our basketball jerseys match, what do you think about me wearing some other sports wear that I have?"

Nik thought about it for a minute, then said, "You know, I hadn't thought of that but I am glad you brought it up. It might look odd if we are both wearing the same thing. I think that is a good idea as long as it's not your disguise."

"No. I was thinking about the one I wore when I played against that one jerk. It was comfortable to play in and it was cute."

Nik nodded, "Yeah, I think that is a good idea." Nik grinned at her and said, "And yes, you did look cute in it." He could see his words cause her to blush. He thought she was incredibly cute when she blushed. "So are you ready for our game later?"

"As ready as I can be. I have practiced as much as I could with the time I had available." Cora sighed. She was a very competitive person and didn't like to lose. But if she was to lose to anyone, she wouldn't mind losing to Nik. But that doesn't mean that she was going to give up. She would still give it her all.

"I am looking forward to our game tonight. I am excited to see how it goes." Nik was done eating already and was just sitting there looking at Cora while he talked to her. Every time he saw her he couldn't believe how beautiful she was.

He could tell that she didn't see herself that way, but she was incredibly beautiful. The style of clothes she wore tended to downplay her beauty. She wore comfortable clothing mostly, jeans and t-shirts. Every once in a while she would wear something that would be considered feminine but not as often as one would expect of someone so beautiful.