Chapter 14

Whenever she was at home she tried her best to avoid her mom. Her and her mom didn't get along, but then, her mom never hid the fact that she never wanted kids. Her mom might have raised her but she had never shown her any kind of love. From the time she was born until she could take care of herself her mom hired a nanny to be with her around the clock.

For the two of them, the next week went by as they expected. They spent most of their time working. For Nik that meant building security software for different companies. And Cora spent her time testing Nik's software and other's security systems. One of the companies that had her test their system asked her if she knew a good security software system so she sent them to Nik. His was the best she had seen in a long time.

In the evenings they spent a lot of time online with the guys. They had to practice since the tournaments were coming up. First was the 1v1 tournament. Anyone who wanted to could enter. First those on each server would compete for the right to go against those on the other servers. The top two from each server would get to compete against all servers.

The 1v1 tournament started the second week they'd been home, on Monday night. Monday and Tuesday the people who entered would compete on their server. Then Wednesday thru Friday would be the competition between the servers.

By the end of Tuesday night the winners of their server were determined. Of course it was Cora and Nik. They did hold the top two spots on their server after all. Their opponents for the first round against all servers were chosen randomly. Luckily They didn't have to go against each other in the first round.

Cora and Nik both noticed when they started the first round of the all server that their opponents were better than those they had gone against on their server. However, they did manage to win their matches on Wednesday. Thursday those they fought were even stronger but they still managed to win. Also, they still managed to not have to fight each other yet.

Friday was the final day. There were only 4 people left in the competition by Friday. Luckily their first opponent was not each other, so they were both able to win. That means for the final it was the two of them.

Their fight lasted at least 10 minutes. They knew each other's fighting style well. They both enjoyed the fight. They hadn't fought against each other since he first challenged her and she beat him. In the end she was able to defeat him.

After the game announced the winner on all of the servers Cora sent Nik a message.

CocoLee: So, I beat you again.

Nevans: Yes you did. I am not surprised. You do seem to be better than I am at computers.

CocoLee: I may be better. But you give me the most challenge.

Nevans: I am glad. I will strive to do better. Maybe one day I can be better than you.

CocoLee: If anyone can be better than me it would be you.

They played for a bit longer with the guys and then logged off for the night.

That weekend Cora made sure to go spend time with Cody and his parents and Nicole and her parents. They were all as close to her as family. Maybe even more so since her only family, her mom, didn't care about her.

The next Monday the Couples tournament started. There weren't as many competing in this tournament so the game makers decided to do it differently. They wouldn't compete against those on their server first. They decided to make it all server to start out with.

Even with so few entered in the contest they would still have to fight each night, Monday thru Friday. Each night they managed to win all their matches, until it was finally Friday. Friday they only had one match, it was the final one of the tournament and it would decide the winner. After fighting for about five minutes they won their match.