Epilogue

Cora healed splendidly and her and Nik were closer than ever. Even though he had told her that he planned to spend his life with her, he waited to propose to her until it was the two year anniversary of the first time he saw her.

The night he proposed to her, he rented a restaurant so that they would have the whole place to themselves. He had it decorated beautifully. There were flowers of all kinds everywhere. He had them make her favorite foods. There was even romantic music playing.

The ring he had for her was one he designed himself. It was black and red, their favorite colors. The ruby was set in a square base and the ruby was perfectly circular, like a ball. The square base was to signify the computers that they both loved so much. And the circle ruby was to represent a basketball.

Computers and basketball were how they first connected. Without those they might not have fallen in love. And Nik was sure that both of those things would always matter to them both. Especially since that was what connected them at first.

Nik got down on one knee and poured his heart out to her. Cora cried in happiness and said yes. She also opened her heart and told him exactly how deeply she felt for him.

Once she finished college they started planning their wedding. They got married in a garden filled with flowers, family and friends. She wore a beautiful white dress and Cody walked her down the aisle to Nik. They got married four years to the day, after the first time Nik saw Cora.

Cora had grown up with a mother who didn't love her as her only family. But just by going to college, she was able to build her own family and find the one she was ment to spend her life with.