In a Hurry

Vincent's POV

I dashed around the corner, sneaking quietly and stealthily. No one knew I was coming, which made my job much easier. I almost felt sorry for the guy. Almost.

As I felt the rough concrete under my fingers, I slid against the building as I entered the gloomy alleyway. Interesting what a person can do with their time. Locking onto my target, I watched him enter a back door. His drug dealers cave.

I felt a growing smile dance upon my lips. This would be a fun mouse to play with when he was hallucinating on crystal meth. I imagined him stumbling around, seeing me, and fear filling in his eyes. He would shake and quiver pathetically, a human trait I found in many victims. I found much power in this job.

I stood patiently propped up against the wall. As soon as he went inside his house, I would get done what was needed. I was told he was alone at this time, but if anyone did come home, it would just be more of a complex job. I wouldn't mind. I've been doing this for years. I may not be as experienced as others, but I do my job well. That's why I'm a little famous in this industry.

It was about 11pm. This guy better hurry up, I'm going to be late if this takes to long. Leaving Scott in Freddy's alone was not in my interests. I suddenly felt rushed, and I didn't like it. Never before, did I have a time limit. I sighed out loud. Think of it differently. Think of it more like a challenge. Something fun. Yeah, no need to feel stressed.

I heard a door slam and I looked back at where the guy disappeared. A person, about 5'10'', curly light brown hair, and dark brown eyes came out. He was somewhat thin, but was a handsome young man. He won't look handsome for long. He was my victim. A flash back to Scott's surprising strength reminded me not to underestimate the thin man. I'll be weary of him.

He thanked his drug dealer and began walking my way. I ducked behind the boxes I was hiding in, making sure weapons were easily accessible. The brunette passed by without a look and jumped into his silver Volvo.

Before I could loose him, I hopped into my beatifully scarlet Acura and drove after him. If I was correct, he should be heading back home. It was not far from here, but I kept well enough away to not be suspected.

I frowned as he took an unexpected turn. This was going to take a while.

Scott's POV

I checked my watch impatiently. If he was going to be late for work, he should've called in. Sighing out loud, I made my way to the office. I'll have work without him.

........__-__-(...!!$_$!!...)-__-__.......

My feet were pacing and moving while my lips were pressed in a thin line from concentration. I've finally gotten into the groove of things without Vincent. Left door, right door, Pirates Cove. Left door, right door, Pirates Cove. I didn't bother checking the other cameras because they weren't important.

It was only Tuesday, so the animatronics weren't being too nasty. Thank Mary that it wasn't Friday.

Suddenly I heard footsteps from the east hall. I froze. They clicked, unlike the animatronics. I swallowed down a lump in my throat from fear. Was this one of the many FazBear surprises I was about to receive?

"Scott..." I heard a growl come from around the corner.

Nope. Screw this shit. I ignored any instinct to get away from that doorway and sprinted straight for the button. The figure was quick and flew inside before I could reach on time. When the air from the swift creature moved pass me, I relaxed. I smelled that familiar grape wine scent.

I turn around to see Vincent standing cooly next to the fan. He wore his night watch uniform that consisted of dress shoes and pants, a white long sleeved shirt that was tucked in, a black tie, and a cap stating out "Security". Exactly what I was wearing. Rolling my eyes, I commented, "I'm not even going to ask how you got in here without getting mauled."

He gave a small smile, "I'm sorry I'm late. I'll work overtime if I need to."

I opened my mouth to question him, but decided better of it. I'd rather not know. Then I just sighed. "We just won't tell Boss you were gone. You risked your skin to get here, that's good enough." As I was about to get back to the camera, I sternly mentioned, "Don't let it happen again."

He put on a straight face and nodded curtly and began working. No other words came between us.

After work, we still had not talked. I was a little frightened. Vincent with a blank face, showing no emotion, his droopy eyes giving away nothing. I wanted that Vincent who always smiled and gave cocky remarks here and there. I was about to say something, but as I said it, he asked the same thing.

"Are you mad at me?"

We looked at each other in minor surprise, then I quickly mentioned, "I'm not mad. I just felt zoned out during work."

He looked caringly at me, his eyes blinking, full attention towards me, "But I left you there all alone." His raspy, low voice made me melt right there. I raged inside my head telling myself that it shouldn't affect me like this.

"May I remind you, I'm one of the most experienced people who worked at Freddy's." I raised an eyebrow, "And I will most definitely not let myself get injured."

He chuckled, "That's not what I was worried about. I know that you can take care of yourself." Then he was serious again, "But what about mentally?"

I almost jumped when he said that. A sudden thought of him knowing what I was thinking came to my head, but I shook it away. How would he? Vincent has given me many surprises though, so how could I be sure? I mean, I'm sure he doesn't know the constant flirting back that I give him. No, of course not.

"Don't worry, I wasn't lonely. I've had the lost children's souls to keep me company."

"Of course," He chuckled darkly, "How could I forget them?" I shivered with his comment. I knew he didn't like kids, but there was something different about this. I didn't know how to respond so I kept silent.

"So you didn't miss me then?" He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "Are you suggesting something?"

Vincent looked to his side, "Maybe..."

Guess who's back! Thank you guys for your feedback! I felt like bawling when I heard about all your suffering. It's been too long, I know. Anyway, here's a chapter. It took a little, but I wrote it. I was eager to post as quickly as I could so there. I just need to come up with more plot ^_^' I dwell on it a little bit more.

Thanks and bye~