- { 𝐢𝐯. 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 }

The silence was deafening as the five us gathered around Mister Jeon's kitchen table, quietly eating. Chimmy made adorable noises as he clumsily put tiny pieces of chicken into his little mouth, in his high chair beside me.

Sitting across from Mister Jeon, I tried my best to distract myself instead of looking at him every five seconds.

Why did he have to look so handsome eating? Like, it wasn't fair at all. Why did he have to turn my insides on fire every little movement he made? Mister Jeon paused his eating and brought his napkin to his lips.

"Why is it so awkward?" Dee mouthed to me. Shoveling another bite into my mouth, I chewed and shrugged. The reason we were in this situation was her fault, she's the one who agreed to this lunch.

"So, have you two been doing well after graduation?" Mister Jeon asked lowly, glancing at me from the corner of his eye, sucking his lip ring into his mouth.

Swallowing thickly, I nodded, eyes glancing away from his pink lips. "We have, Mister Jeon. Have you?" I thought we had already been through the 'how-are-you's' earlier?

Mister Jeon gave me a kind smile, eyes sharply looking at Jay as he let out a snort. "You could say that." Jay gave his input. Pressing down on my lips, I gave him a tiny nod. O-kay...imma just pretend that I can't feel the tension.

"The reason we stopped by today is we wanted to know if you wanted to come with us to the mall today." Dee bit her lip, her pink tipped nails tapping on the wooden table. "Pretty lady!?" Chimmy squealed, pieces of chicken stuck to his lips. With large eyes, Chimmy gave me a big pout and pointed to his lips, "Clean?" he asked in his baby voice, pointing to his face.

Looking over to tiny Chimmy, a giggle flew past my lips. Swiping up the napkin by my plate, I turned and started gently cleaning his hands and face. "There you go," I told him softly, tapping his tiny palm, "All clean."