- { 𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 }

- { 𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 }

THE NEXT DAY

8 AM

My arms were weighed down by the books Mom had given me. The same books she had read and memorized when she was pregnant with me. According to one of Papa Sean's friends, Dr. Mori—I was perfectly fine.

I wasn't due to have my first appointment for weeks. All I had been instructed to do is rest and read the books I now held in my hands. I felt bad that my family and Dee's family were at my house, packing up all the things I would need.

I felt moody and useless.

I also wondered what Mister Jeon, Jay, and Chimmy would think or wonder when they saw my family packing my things in the trunk. I prayed Mister Jeon wouldn't blame himself for my moving (even though he was part of the reason). According to Dee, I didn't need the stress of constantly seeing him around.

School was due to start in a month's time, and I could relax knowing he would be at work during the day and there was a lesser chance of running into him.

I sighed heavily and leaned back against the couch in Kayli's apartment and covered my nose as the strong stench of eggs being fried hit my nostrils. Usually, I didn't mind the smell, but recently it only made me want to gag.

Stumbling up, unable to manage the smell, I ran inside the bathroom and fell to my knees in front of the toilet. I threw up the contents of my stomach, feeling my head spin.

"Ugh." I moaned, miserable. I shakily flushed the toilet and pulled down the toilet seat. "You okay. Honey?" Kayli asked, leaning against the bathroom door, smiling sympathetically. She knelt down beside me and combed her fingers through my hair gently as I rest my cheek on the floor. "I'm fine—it's just—I think I'm getting more sensitive to smells." I pulled myself up to stand, I rinsed my mouth out with water before turning to face her once more. "It's been happening for a week or so now. I guess I was too terrified to find out what was wrong."