Chapter 17

Over the past few days I spend my time with the hobbits and Gimli. Eowyn and I also talk a lot. She is feeling much better and I believe Faramir has helped her. They have grown really close. Of course Legolas and I see each other as well.

We joke with each other, share stories and have serious conversations too. Like the future. Legolas wants Gimli to visit Mirkwood, and Gimli is going to travel with Legolas to see the Glittering Caves in Helms Deep.

They made an unusual friendship from all the adventures shared. Both of them said that I could come. I barely got to see Aragorn since he is so busy preparing for his coordination, which is today. A knock suddenly comes from my door.

"It's me!" Eowyn's voice calls from outside, "You promised we'd get ready together."

"I have not forgotten.", I answer as I open the door.

She bursts into my room and drops all the dresses and such on my bed.

"Let's get started!", she declares.

"First I would like to know how your evening went last night. How was your time with Faramir?", I ask.

"I had a good time.", she says, looking away.

"Just good?" I try to get her to reveal more, "That's it?"

"Fine!" Eowyn gives in, "I had a great time with him last night."

"Just great?", I press.

"Alright I had an amazing time." she tells truthfully, "I really fancy Faramir."

"He has those same feelings for you." I tell her, "It is very obvious the way he looks at you."

"I know.", Eowyn breaks out in a smile.

"I am beyond glad for the two of you!" I congratulate, "You both deserve this happiness."

"How are you and Legolas?", Eowyn turns the conversation around, starting to work on my hair.

"We are good.", I say simply.

"Just good?" she copies my words from before, "That's it?"

"Legolas makes my day better." I confess to Eowyn, "All the pain is kept at bay when I am with him. We both understand each other."

"I knew you two would end up together!" Eowyn says happily.

She puts a silver-white headdress in my elvish styled hair.

"Diolla lle." I say to her, "Thanks for doing my hair and just being my mellon."
(Thanks. Friend.)

"It was a pleasure!" she replies, "But it's your turn to do my hair."

"I'm not good with other people's hair...", I hesitate.

"You will do fine Amber.", she reassures.

"It is on you if your hair turns out awful.", I warn.

"I will keep that in mind." she says, "I have faith in you."

I sigh and begin to do a simple hairstyle I saw in Rohan once. After a few minutes, Eowyn hands me a gold headdress which I place on her head. I hand her the mirror and she gives me an I-told-you-so look.

"You did a perfect job." she says, "Thank you."

She grabs a pale yellow dress from the bed and changes. I search for the dress I wore the day the Fellowship reunited, and put it on. Eowyn then holds out her hand, as if expecting something.

"What?", I ask confused.

"That dagger you always keep hidden with you. You leave your other weapons here." she starts, "I know the blade was given to you by someone close, but you didn't need it for the past few days and you certainly do not need it today."