Chapter 5

Gandalf then gives Pippin a look and storms from the Hall. The hobbits follow him outside and I do too.

"Of all the inquisitive hobbits, Peregrin Took, you are by far the worst. Hurry!", Mithrandir rushes Pippin.

"Where are we going?", wonders the hobbit, catching up.

Gandalf keeps walking so I answer for him.

"Minas Tirith. Mithrandir said that back inside."

"Why did you look? Why do you always have to look!", Merry bursts out angrily.

"I don't know. I can't help it!", Pippin shrugs.

"You never can.", Merry snaps.

"I'm sorry, alright?!" Pippin says louder, "I won't do it again."

"Don't you understand? The Enemy thinks you have the Ring!" Merry breaks it down, "He's going to be looking for you, Pip. They have to get you out of here."

"Are you coming with, Amber?", Pippin asks.

"No." I look sadly to the hobbit, "It is not my time to go there yet."

Pippin stops in front of Merry and swallows nervously.

"And y-you're coming with me Merry?"

He brushes past Pippin.

"Merry?"

"Come on.", he turns back and goes on.

When we reach the stables, Gandalf mounts the one and only Shadowfax. I boost Pippin up on the horse and Mithrandir lifts him the rest of the way.

"How far is Minas Tirith?", Pippin questions.

"Three day's ride, as the Nazgûl flies. And we better hope we don't have one of those on our tails.", Gandalf replies.

"Here." Merry gives Pippin a pouch, "Something for the road."

"Last of the Longbottom Leaf?", Pippin peaks inside.

"I know you've run out. You smoke to much, Pip.", Merry says, half-smiling.

"But we'll see each other soon, won't we?", he says confused.

"I don't know. I don't know what's going to happen.", Merry starts to cry.

"Merry!", Pippin calls.

"Galu Mithrandir." I wish, "Asca!"
(Good luck. Hurry)

"Navaer for now." he says quickly, "Run Shadowfax! Show us the meaning of haste."
(Farewell)

Shadowfax bolts out of the stables.

"Merry!", Pippin's voice echoes one last time.

Merry tries to follow and I speed walk behind a bit.

"Merry!" Aragorn calls as he races up the watchtower.

"He is really upset about Pippin leaving-", I start.

"I figured. They've never left each others side.", he says.

"Until now."

"Tol. We need to check on him.", Aragorn finishes, both of us sprinting up the watchtower.
(Come)

We join Merry at the top. Overlooking the plains, the three of us see Shadowfax running to Gondor. They must be out of view for Aragorn and Merry by the looks on their faces. I can still see Shadowfax gallop really fast because of my elf eyesight.

"He's always followed me. Everywhere I went, since before we were tweens. I would get him into the worst sort of trouble." Merry tells, "But I was always there to get him out. And now he's gone. Just like Frodo and Sam."