Costume

A few days had passed since the night with me and Travis. Today was October 26th. Ash, Larry, Chug, Maple, Todd, Neil, Lisa, Travis, and I had all decided to go shopping for costumes. I was surprised that Lisa wanted a costume, she said it was because she was going to be handing out candy to the kids at the entrance. She didn't have to; she didn't even get paid for it. She just enjoyed it.

What a sweetheart!

"You guys ready?" Ash asked. "Yup!" Larry answered, putting on the last bit of his eyeliner. "=

*Time Skip*

Once we were all gathered, everybody figured out how they were going to get around. Larry drove with Lisa, Chug, Maple, and Todd. Neil rode on the back of Ash's bike and I drove with Travis. 

We decided to all meet up at the closet Halloween store. "Frank's Halloween Supplies!" It read the tacky flashing lights were always dimmed and flickering. "Trav, come on!" I called, unlocking the car door so he could jump in. "You're driving? Do you have a license?" he asked, buckling his seatbelt. "Yes, I am. And yes, I do have a license. Not a real one!" I said, pulling out a fake license I had Larry make for me.

"I'll see you soon, God." Travis remarked, putting his hand into a praying formation and he looked up and closed his eyes. "Oh, shut up." I retorted, pulling out of the driveway. 

*Time Skip*

We were halfway there until I looked over at Travis. He had the window down and his hair was blowing everywhere. He had his head nearly out the window and was all smiles. "You having fun?" I yell, trying to carry my voice over the Sanity's Fall song and the sound of air whooshing around. He nodded gleefully and smiled even wider, something I didn't think to be possible. 

Once we pulled up, I saw Ash and Neil talking outside the building. Travis and I got out and ran up to them, me beating Travis by a foot. "Ha! Loser!" I mocked, holding up an L sign. "Whatever, midget." he retorted, flipping me off.

The four of us talked until the rest of the group arrived. Once they did, we all filed in and went our ways. I went to the aisle with the makeup. I was planning on decorating my mask to look like Jason Vorhees. I grabbed another mask and started walking out of the aisle. 

I was walking when I ran into someone and fell to the ground. "Sal? I'm so sorry!" a male voice yelled. I looked up to see Travis standing there, falling to his knees and looking to make sure I was okay. Blood started flowing from his nose and I took off my jacket and placed it under his nose, not caring about it staining. 

He held it there until the bleeding stopped. Once it had, he and I walked around with each other. I picked up the mask and watched as Travis picked out a cute little skeleton onesie that he was going to wear. 

I searched for the rest of our group. After everyone was accounted for, we paid and left. Nobody told anyone what they got; we're gonna try them all on and do a little fashion show.

*Time Skip*

We got back to the apartments and decided it'd be best to use Larry's place because he had enough room for all of us. We entered and saw the decorations that had been hung by Lisa and my dad. There were spider webs, spiders, goop, and fake blood. It looked really cool. Even Travis thought so.

We drew straws and Lisa went first. She grabbed her bag and went into the bathroom of her apartment to change. She returned a second later in a long white dress. "You got that at Frank's?" Larry asked. "Nope! I have something to tell you all! Henry and I are getting married!" she announced, pride surging through her voice. "Really?!" Larry and I said in unison. "Really!" she assured. 

After us talking about the wedding, it was someone else's turn. Drawing straws again, it was Maple's turn. She left and returned in a mummy outfit. "Plot twist: I stole all your toilet paper!" she joked, sitting down. Now, it was Larry's go. He left and returned in a sheet with holes for his eyes and arms. "Dude, are you serious?" I choked out, stifling a cackle. "Yup." he assured, plopping down on the floor. "That's so fucking gay." Maple remarked. "Shut up! You crushed on Ash all of the 6th grade!" Larry exposed, earning a redness to emerge from Maple's cheeks. "Shut up..." she muttered, brooding away from the rest of us. 

Then it was Todd, Neil, Travis, and me. Todd was an angel and Neil was a devil. Once it was Travis' turn, he snatched up his bag and ran as fast as I'd ever seen him. 

Travis' POV:

I practically flew out of the room and into the hall. I ran into the bathroom and threw off my clothes. Grabbing my bag, I rummaged through it and found the first piece. I put it on and quickly finished the look. 

Seeing as though this is the first Halloween, I've been able to celebrate, I wanted everyone to remember what I've done. Once I was done, I ran back into the room and a burst of laughter followed right after my entry. 

I looked around. Larry was rolling around, Maple was wiping under her eyes, Chug wasn't paying attention, too busy gawking at Maple, Neil and Todd shared a look of worry and Lisa looked confused. In my opinion, the funniest reaction that I got was Sal's. He was confused and red as he could get. "Travis..." he muttered. "Yea, Sal?" I asked, stifling a laugh of my own. "Follow me..." he requested. "Yes, sir." I joked, following behind like a dog as Sal walked to the elevator.

Sal's POV:

Travis walked back in, and laughter erupted from nearly everyone in the room. I felt my face and ears get hot. There he was, standing in my doorway in a maid suit and fucking fishnets...

I couldn't resist. 

"Travis..." I muttered. "Yea, Sal?" he asked, stifling a laugh. "Follow me." I demanded. "Yes, sir." he retorted. My face heated up even more at his teasing antics. I'm not sure he was even aware of what he was doing to me. 

I dragged him up to my apartment and slammed open the door, knowing my dad was in the kitchen. "Run." I whispered to him. He nodded and bolted to my room, opening the door and entering. After he entered, my father turned around. "Hey, Dad." I greeted. "Hey, bud. Lisa tell you anything cool lately?" he asked, smiling to himself. "Yea, she told me." I answered. "We have to talk later; I have stuff I need to do." I said, walking into my room and locking the door behind me. 

Travis was already there, confused and sitting on my bed. "What? Is something up?" he asked. I nodded, technically telling the truth. "Well, what's up?" Travis asks, smiling nervously. 

"Me."