Gift

Today was Christmas. I woke up early, around 4, and sat everything up. Despite being Christian, Travis was never allowed to celebrate Christmas. His father said it was because he was bad and didn't deserve gifts. So, I wanted this to be something he never forgot.

I wrapped his presents in white wrapping paper with glittery silver wrapping paper. The tree was hauled out of the box and decorated by me and Travis. I had to wake him up. I let him go back to sleep after we were done. He was excited to finally be decorating a tree.

He fell onto the couch and started snoring as his hand fell to the floor. I crawled over and pecked him on his head, playing with strands of hair as he slept. 

*Time Skip*

I finished with the tree and presents. Now, it's time for food and cards. I wrote down each of my friends' names and checked them off as I made their cards. Once I finished the cards, I prepared some food. 

(I'll let you insert whatever, mainly because I can't be bothered to write it, but also because some people have preferences.)

"Done!" I said, taking off the apron and putting away the stuff I used. The time struck seven and I decided it was time for them to get up. 

I walked into my dad's room and shook him vigorously. "Up! Up!" I yelled, watching as he writhed in fear. "Ha, it's Christmas. Let's go." I said, dragging him to the living room. Now, I had to wake Travis up.

I got down on my knees and gently shook him. "Dear, it's Christmas. Time to get up." I whispered, rubbing his back. "You're so bipolar..." my dad remarked, watching in awe as I gently stroked his back and talked to him with a sweet voice. "No..." I objected, not wanting to startle Travis. 

He sat up and looked at the tree. Tears welled in his eyes as he looked at what my father and I had gotten him. "Why..." he muttered, falling into my arms. "Travis, we did this cause we love you. Open them..." I instructed, leading him over to the tree. 

I watched as he tore open the presents like a kid. My dad pulled out his phone and started recording like he did when I was younger. "You bought me clothes!" he exclaimed, wrapping his hands around me. "Well, yea? And some other stuff. The food is getting cold so hurry." I said, pecking his cheek. "Stop. No PDA." my dad joked, fake gagging. "Oh, whatever. You and Lisa should take that advice." I retorted. 

My father smiled and his face turned red. "Speaking of, I'll be right back." he said, excusing himself from the room. He returned after Travis had finished opening his gifts.

We had gotten him some clothes, books, jewelry, and the matching sets. I put mine on and latched his for him. He slid on the ring and looked at it. "I love you, Sal..." he said, not caring my dad was here. "I love you too, Travis." I replied, supping his face and rubbing his cheek with my thumb.

A knock at the door startled us all. My father answered it, Lisa and Larry walked in with gifts as well. "Here, Sal." Larry said, tossing me a gift bag. "Thanks, yours is the green one in the kitchen." I said, pointing to the table in the other room. 

He nodded and walked, the sound of wrapping paper following his entry. He walked back in a second later and sat down on the floor with the rest of us. Lisa handed me a blue-wrapped box and Travis a pink one. "Sorry, I didn't know what you liked so-" 

Lisa was cut off by Travis' excited gasps. "You got me a dog stuffed animal!?" he exclaimed, hugging it to his chest. "Never mind, then." she said, satisfied with her purchase. I opened mine and was just as happy. It was a set of guitar picks, hand decorated with rhinestones and little pictures that Larry had painted. "Hope you like em', man. I know you said you lost yours." Larry chimed in, beginning to tear the wrapping paper off of his own gift. 

His eyes went wide, and he smiled. "You didn't bro...." he whispered, nudging my arm. " I did, bro." I retorted, puffing my chest. "Dude! I've been wanting these for like a year! And new drumsticks? Holy-" he stopped talking at the perfect moment. "Holy crap..." he corrected. 

Lisa eyed him something vicious before smiling as my father wrapped his arm around her. "Travis, I think I remember you saying you'd let me see what you wrote on Christmas. Did you not?" I jeered, reminding him of the promise he'd made. "I did say that. Be right back..." he muttered nervously, walking to my room and grabbing a book. 

"I'll give this to you on one condition,"

"Okay."

"So, you agree?"

"Yup. I trust you."

"Alright..."

"..."

"You can only read it when..."

"When?"

"When we're engaged."

"Douche."

"Your douche, though."

"Yea, I know."

"Good."