Shocking No Breathing

After seeing Makoto run out to the ocean, I ran out the door. I didn't even put on my swim suit which was pretty stupid of me. There wasn't enough time for that though. When I reached the beach, Haru and Nagisa were already in the ocean.

"Haru! Nagisa!" I yelled out to them but I don't think they heard me. The wind and the waves were too loud. I jumped into the ocean, following behind them. I caught up to them easily and we reached Makoto and Rei.

"Airi-chan?!" Nagisa yelled.

"Don't talk, you'll swallow water!" I yelled.

Haru went to Makoto and I went towards him.

"I'll get Rei-chan!"

"Please!"

"Rei-chan, I'm coming!"

I looked behind Nagisa and my eyes widened. A huge wave coming towards us. "No way!".

The wave came over us and separated us. I thankfully managed to stay with Haru and Makoto. Once we reached an island, Haru dragged Makoto and dropped to the sand.

"Haru! Makoto!"

Haru seemed fine, he was just exhausted and was trying to catch his breath. Makoto however, he wasn't responding. I went towards him.

"Makoto...Makoto! Wake up, please!" I shook him.

I looked over to Haru and he yelled out for Nagisa and Rei. I looked back at Makoto and realized he swallowed water. I put my head against his chest and his breathing was weak. Knowing what I had to do, I adjusted his face upwards, ready to do cpr. I held his chin and nose, putting my face closer to his.

Just before our lips met, Makoto went to his side and coughed out the water.

"Makoto!" I signed in relief, feeling a little flustered of what I was about to do.

Makoto turned to me "Airi? How are you even here?"

I hugged him tightly, relieved he was okay "Don't talk, save your strength."

"Where are we?"

"Uh I'm guessing this is Sukishima, I'm not really sure. Haru! Makoto woke up!" I yelled to him.

Haru ran towards us and looked relieved.

"Makoto! Are you okay?"

Makoto sat up "Where's Rei? Rei!".

I grabbed Makoto's shoulders "Calm down! You need to rest! You could've died?!"

"But Rei's in trouble!"

"Nagisa is taking care of it! Don't worry." Haru mentioned.

"Nagisa?"

While Haru was trying to find the others, we came across a place where we could stay in the meantime. Rocks were coming out of the rock wall, so it was like a roof. The three of us sat in silence until Haru spoke up.

"Have you calmed down?"

"Yeah."

"You're still scared of the ocean, aren't you?" I joined in.