Chapter 17

TRIGGER WARNINGS

- None

Also, things in italic means it's blurry or from a distance and/or not very clear. Anything in bold will be in sign language. Anything underlined will be texts

Anyways, on with the story!

------------------------------

It was around 24 hours after the invasion that April O'neil walked through the busy streets of New York. It was loud, as you would expect, as people were panicking and freaking out. She looked down at her phone for what must have been the hundredth time that hour. 

Are you safe?

Yes I'm with the guys

I'm finally off, I'll be there soon.

I'm here

I'll come get you

April sighed, turning the corner as she walked through the street. She smiled brightly at the familiar face. "Mom!" Carol turned around and sighed in relief. "April-!" 

The teen ran over, hugging her mom close. 

"I'm so glad you're safe-"

"You too, Mama!"

"I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner- The hospital is slammed-" Carol chuckled softly, rubbing her daughter's back. "Y-Yeah-...I'm sure it is-" The woman pulled away slightly, looking around in slight confusion. "So, where are the boys?" She questioned.

"You said Don was having seizures?" 

April looked down, lightly rubbing her arm "Uh- Yeah.." She sighed softly. "But uhm... Before you meet them-- You're gonna need to keep an open mind." She spoke sheepishly, as if she was hiding a murder attempt.

"An open mind--?" Carol placed a hand on her hip, raising an eyebrow at April. "Baby, you've avoided introducing me to your friends for literal years. I've seem many things working at the hospital. Whatever it is, I'm sure I can handle it."

"Well- If you're sure-" April walked past her mom, grunting a bit as she pulled off a sewer hole cover, before gesturing to said sewer hole. "Follow me, Momma."

"April." Carol began, looking at her as if it was some sort of odd joke at the dinner table. "That's a sewer." 

"It sure is!" April smiled, beginning to climb down. "Ladder's a bit slick- be careful-" She offered, going further down into the sewers. 

"..... Alright then-"