Numbers

Y/N's P.O.V

WEDNESDAY
FIVE DAYS UNTIL TEST

I woke up the following morning in a weirdly good mood. I did my usual routine of taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and all that stuff.

I switched over to my closet, unsure of what I wanted to wear. I go through this every morning. It's kinda hard when you have to live up to the title of 'Best Dressed Senior.'

I put on something that was kinda simple. All black everything with a pair of off-white Jordan 4's.

I finished up and headed downstairs

I finished up and headed downstairs. I knew my parents were already gone for the day. They're busy a lot with their company. It doesn't bother me because they're still always there for me when I need them.

They're not the type that values their business over me or anything. We have a great relationship actually. I ate cereal before heading out. I jumped into my GMC Sierra AT4. It was all black including the rims. The super dark tint made it look even nicer.

It was a quiet drive to school. I got there in about twenty minutes. I parked in my designated spot before walking in the school.

As I walked down the hallway, I was greeted by tons of people saying hey. This happens basically everyday. It what happens when you're the most popular person. Not only in school but in this town period.

It has it perks but there are times that I wish I was a nobody. The peace could do me justice. I met up with Kelly and LaMelo like always.

"So you figured that test thing out?" Melo asked.

"Yeah, I got a tutor." I answered.

"Tutors are so boring. I had one back in our freshman year." Kelly said.

"I already figured that once she told me to meet her in the library. I've never even been to the school library because I know it's boring." I respond.

"The smell of books give me a headache. I wish you the best of luck." Melo said.

The bell rung as in indication that school is starting. I pray this day goes by fast.

_______________

It was now lunch time. Did I want to spend it in the library? Hell no but if I want to play on Tuesday then I gotta do this shit.

I walked into the library getting a shocking stare from the librarian. I spotted Marsai at a table in the back of the room. I went over and sat down causing her to look up at me.

"I didn't think you'd show up." Marsai said.

"I almost didn't want to." I reply.

"Do you have your failed test?" She asked.