You Ain't Know

Y/N's P.O.V

LaMelo, Kelly, and I stood in the gym of our school putting up shots. We had just finished submitting our applications to UCLA. Now our focus was on the state championship game.

At least I was trying to focus on it. The game is on Saturday, it's currently Thursday. I was too busy thinking about Marsai. That's become a usual thing. I think about her a lot.

I've been stuck thinking about how lucky and grateful I am to have her. I'm a believer in the universe working in mysterious ways and it did some crazy shit for us to get where we are. Thinking back, I'm actually really happy to have failed that test.

I'm also appreciative. It's a good feeling that she trust me. Especially trusting me enough to take her V-Card. It's not something I take lightly. It's a big honor.

"You really like that girl bro?" Melo asked dribbling the ball.

"I like her and I love her. Shit was unexpected but that's my baby." I reply.

"I would've never expected for you to end up with someone of her caliber. But if you happy then that's what matters." Kelly said.

I stopped dribbling the basketball, gripping on to it tightly. "I'm not sure what you mean by that. Just cause she ain't somebody that y'all would go for doesn't mean that applies to me. Our taste is different. Mines is more exquisite."

"More exquisite? Yeah right. You just like them fresh and innocent. Turn a good girl into a savage type shit." Melo spoke.

"I like them different." I say shooting the ball and watching it swish through the net. "All girls nowadays are way too alike. And ain't nothing wrong with liking the good girls."

"Of course not. You get to turn them out." Kelly laughed.

"Man shut up." I chuckled.

______________________

"Coco what the fuck are you talking about?" I asked walking down the hall with her.

"My best friend, you've corrupted her. You're all she talks about. It's really cute that she's happy but damn. I can't remember the last time she said a sentence that didn't have your name in it." Coco said.

"Isn't that a good thing though? I'm keeping her happy, doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Maybe you just need a man so you can relate to your homegirl." I respond.

She looked at me, playfully offended. "Oh you do not want to go there."

"You're right, I don't." I say.

We stopped at her locker which just happened to be next to Marsai's and China's. Marsai happily hugged and kissed me to which I responded with the same joy.

"Y'all are so cute that it's sick." Coco said putting books into her locker.

"Your friend is such a hater. She's just mad that she can't get like us." I say making China laugh.

Marsai giggled, making me smile since I like her laugh. We stayed in a hugging position. More so because of her than me. Ever since I took her innocence, she's been a lot more clingy.