Chapter 9

Nadine's POV

"Don't get out of the car, Benedict!" I commanded.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's an ambush. I know this guy." I stated. I could feel him breathing heavily. He's probably nervous.

"God, Girly, dumadami sila!" He shouted. Palingon-lingon siya sa paligid. I made sure I locked the doors.

"Don't panic." I calmed him down, soothing his arm with my hand.

"Other people are coming! Who are they?!" He exclaimed.

"The Cavalry." I said. I exhaled and finally relaxed when I saw them.

My security team took down each of the enemies one by one, they suddenly came out of nowhere even I was shocked. When they finished the enemies,

Gerard and Troy opened my door and Benedict's.

Benedict made his way to me.

He was still speechless but he held my hand tightly and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Did they see Benedict's face?" I asked.

"No, ma'am." Troy replied.

"Are you sure?!"

"Positive." He nodded.

"Escort us back inside. This should be low-profile. Clean this up, immediately."

"You heard the boss."

"Ahoo!" The men said unison.

Minsan, di ko ma-gets yung mga ex-military. Ahoo daw. Feeling aso o feeling multo?

"This way, ma'am." Gerard led the way with Marco behind us.

"I think it's better if you go back to your room first as my men clean up." I muttered.

"This has been insane. Everything happened so fast." He rubbed his palms on his face in frustration.

"I'm sorry." I sighed as I looked down. We were currently waiting for an elevator to arrive.

"I MEAN, I WASN'T ABLE TO TAKE A PICTURE. IT LOOKED LIKE A MISSION IMPOSSIBLE AND JAMES BOND MOVIE COMBINED IN THERE. THEY LOOKED LIKE SPIES."

Huh? Ano daw? Na-trauma na ata 'to kaya hyper na hyper siya.

"Wait, so you are not under any state of shock." I held his arms checking him for any signs of injury. "Feeling ko, na-untog mo ulo mo." I made a ;tsk' sound.

"NO! EVERYTHING WAS SO CLEAR, GIRLY. WOW." He said with enthusiasm and amazement as he recalled what happened a few minutes ago.

Ang weird talaga netong lalaking 'to.

"Ma'am, he cannot speak about this. Please talk to him or we'll go with our own measures to keep him quiet." Gerard whispered behind me then he and Marco went a little farther from us to give us privacy.

"Benedict, you know you can't talk about this." I stated as I loosened my hold on his arms.

"Even if I wanted to, no one would believe me. You cleaned it up, remember? Okay, look, I think you expect me to be shaken, but I watch too many action movies to be frightened of this. This is like a dream come true!"

We stared at each other for a few seconds and then we laughed.

"Ikaw talaga, baka masanay ka, ma-miss mo ko in the future." I gave him a poke in the shoulder and my warmest smile of appreciation. I saw the expression of his face change from pure amazement to what I think is a bit sadness.

Finally the elevator in front of us dinged and before he stepped inside, he hugged me tight.

Me: 0_0

He's hugging me...?

Yes, Nadine, he's hugging you.

I gulped.

I felt the heat rush to my face as my heart started to beat faster.

Benedict's POV

"I badly wanted to relax, that was not relaxing, but you made me happy again." I sighed contentedly while I ran my hand up-down her back, my other hand on her head.

I pulled her even closer to me. I like the idea of hugging her. I don't know, but I felt the sudden need to do this. I wanted this.

"I'll see you around." I smiled at her. And I knew she understood that we were not gonna be able to see each other for quite awhile.

James' POV

I was on my way to the parking lot to get my change of clothes so I can see her sooner.

Why was I so excited? James you horndog.

As soon as I reached the main floor (lobby), I quickly stepped out of the elevator.

"I'll see you around." The guy released her from the hug at pumasok na sa elevator. I wasn't able to see the guy's face because his back was turned on me. She looked flushed at first but she regained her composure.

I could literally feel heat coming out of my ears. I curled my fists on my sides. I tried to even my breathing, but I my jaw was still clenched.

I made my way to her trying to calm myself down as I walked.

When her eyes met mine, she looked shocked then she looked away. She remained in her place.

I gulped, "So?" Tanong ko sa kanya. I feel like my jaw is going to fall out because of it being clenched. I took deep breaths.

She remained silent.

"Who was he?" I finally asked.

She gulped as she met my eyes.

"Is he like me? Is he one of your boy-toys too?" I asked with hardness in my voice. She gasped.

"Or is it just me? When he can't satisfy you, you turn to me." I accused. "Are you fucking around?"

I saw two men in suits coming are way. "Stand down, boys. I got this." She stated, I realized she was talking to them. The men eyed me as if they're threatening me but I couldn't care less. I am focused on this person in front of me.

"WHO WAS HE?! Do I need to repeat myself over and over?" I asked loudly this time, but careful not to let other people hear.

"He was a friend. Nothing more..." She sighed.

"You better be sure he's just a damn friend." I dragged her inside the elevator I always use when I go up to her penthouse.

Oh, I swear this girl is going to get it when we reach her penthouse...

*************************************************************************

Sorry if you guys think the action scene was too fast-paced? I suck at it but!!!!! I have a concern!

Just wanna know if you guys are:

1.Team Benedict(Albie) or Team James? Leave your comments below, once I know what you guys like, I'll update more.

2. Angry SEX or nah? Comment niyo din.

I won't judge!!!! :)