Chapter 16 (Rated)

James' POV

I heard my phone ring on my pocket for the nth time. I was supposed to turn it off but since the caller was persistent, I decided to answer it.

"Hey. I'm sorry, I'm really bus-"

"She needs you right now..." I heard Albie say from the other line.

"Who? Albie, if that's Nery tell her I'm at a party." I groaned.

"She's at her penthouse, don't tell her I called you." I froze on the spot when I realized who he was talking about.

"What happened? How do you?"

"It was Nery, siya yung informant ng mga gossip sites." Albie stated.

"I don't fucking care about Nery, how do you know her? How do you know about everything?!" I yelled over the phone. While I was talking to him, I went straight to my car and drove away.

"She's GIRLY." He declared.I stepped on the break for his sentence felt like I did the ice bucket challenge.

"She told you her name?" I gasped. I pumped my fist on my chest. Woah. I didn't expect this.

"NO. I gave her that name." It was like a whirlwind of emotions, first I was hurt, then now I'm relieved. I started driving on

"I... Gotta go..." I ended the call.

Albie's POV

When he ended the call, I sighed. I just wish I'm doing the right thing.

James' POV

I drove like a maniac on the road, I knew I had to get to her fast. When I reached her penthouse suite, I saw her standing in front of the window, her eyes fixed on the skyline of Makati.

I stood behind her, appreciating the city lights and the cars that looked tiny when they move.

I embraced her from behind and she gasped when she felt my presence.

"Is my girl okay?" I whispered as I placed a kiss on her ear.

"You didn't tell me it was gonna affect your work." She took a deep breath.

"They don't know remember? They don't have proof." I made her face me.

The look on her face told me that she was worried and guilty and she cared. God, I love it that she cared.

"I'm gonna make this work, I promise." I brushed my lips against her forehead.

She smiled at me in a way that warmed my heart.