Chapter 31

Nadine's POV

"James, I need to talk to you... Please, hear me out first." I begged as soon as Jamie was rushed inside the emergency room.

"What were you thinking, huh?! You go barging in there and fighting with her?!" He shouted at me. Luckily, there were no other people where we stood.

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?" I had no idea what he was talking about.

"I was in the area, she called and told me that you were at her place! I thought you would let me handle this?!" He looked exasperated, I didn't even know what I did wrong.

"James, listen, I was there because-"

"You were making a scene there! And when I came I saw you hurt her? I thought you changed, hindi ko akalaing kaya mong pumatay ng bata-" I cut him off by slapping him in the face.

"That's what she told you?" I kept my voice low as I clenched my jaw. I gasped and shook my head.

"She told you I was trying to fuck things up at her place? That I was hurting her?" I swallowed the lump in my throat but I kept the smug look on my face.

"Yes, and I believe what I saw." He insisted as he pointed his finger at me.

"Don't you fucking dare!" I slapped his hand away. "I could never hurt a child more or less initiate a fight! I am not that stupid!"

Before he could reply, the doctor came out of the room.

"How is she? The baby?" James asked the doctor worriedly.

"They're both fine." The doctor tapped James' shoulder and James sighed.

He turned to me once again when the Doctor left, I faced him eye to eye.

"You're lucky nothing bad happened to them, because I swear..." He ran his hand on his hair.

"I said my piece. I didn't mean it, I didn't come there just to fucking kill her child like how you put it. I'm done, I'm done with this." I turned my back against him and walked away.

"You turn your back on me?! Take one more step, it's over." He warned.

Fuck it. I felt tears rolling down my face.

I took a step forward and exhaled briefly, and I continued to walk away.

******************************************************************************

(still) Nadine's POV

There was traffic at EDSA when I drove home.

The scene kept rewinding in my mind. I continued to sob as I wait for the cars to move.

I wiped the tears away and took a deep breath. I tried to turn on the radio to keep me from thinking about awhile ago.

Where do broken hearts go? Can they find their way home...

That's not helping me at all. I tuned in to another station.

Porque contigo yo ya escogi? Ahora mi corazon ta sufri

(Bakit ikaw pa ang napili? Ngayon ang puso ko ay sawi.)

I exhaled and tuned into another station.

I see you... Beside me... It's only a dream, a vision of what used to be

I gave up... Lord, naman eh. AYOKO NA Please.

The Laughter, the sorrow, picture of times fading to memories.♫

How could I ever let you go? Is it too late to let you know?

James' POV

"How are you feeling?" I asked Jamie as I got to her bedside.

She cleared her throat as she eyed me. "Is the baby alright?" She asked me expectantly.

"Yes, the baby's fine." I thought I saw a hint of regret on her face but it faded away immediately.

"Oh thank God." She sighed as she looked away.

"I'm sorry for what she did to you." I apologized as I held her hand in mine.

"I didn't know she would get mad when I explained about the baby. She just started screaming. Sabi niya even if I tried, hindi mo paniniwalaang masasaktan niya ako. I'm sorry James, I tried to fight it." She covered her face with her hands and sobbed.

"Shhh... it's alright, I'm glad your fine." I took her to my arms and I closed my eyes.

This is all my fault. But I gotta choose Jamie because what Nadine did wasn't right and Jamie... Jamie needs me more.

****************************************************************************

VERY SHORT UPDATE. THANK YOU I LOVE YOU. MWAH