Chapter 18

Benedict's POV

Ano ba yan? Ang tagal naman neto ni Girly.

"Uy." May kumalabit sa akin.

"You're late. My reservation was 30 minutes ago!" I scowled when I faced her.

She hugged me excitedly and I couldn't help but hug her back. I just laughed to myself.

"Savor this, dito Lang tayo Hindi maaabutan ng camera." She giggled as she pulled back.

"Sabi ko naman sa'yo sabihin mo na sa kanya." I shoved her on the shoulder.

"I think that he's happy now, he doesn't need me anymore." She smiled sadly.

"You can't know that!" I narrowed my eyes at her. "Can you?" She retorted.

"Ah Basta, gutom na ako, hintayin na Lang Kita sa restaurant." I kissed her on the cheek then I waved goodbye.

Nadine's POV

"Cassandra, my meeting for tomorrow?" I asked her as we drove to the restaurant.

"The client, and possibly another client, She's trying to get your 4PM." She said.

"Cassandra, what time is Albie's birthday party gonna start?"

"At sundown ma'am."

"Fine, approve that 4PM." I dismissed her with my hand.

I acquired both licenses as a lawyer in United States and in the Philippines. I specialized in cases involving money and corruption. It was my job before. I was good at hiding glitches. I won my first case with the former president and I now have 10 clients lined up.

**********************************************************

James' POV

I was still anxious about the news Boss Vic shared to me. I drove again to the penthouse... Wishing that they didn't change the password.

When the elevator moved up, I muttered a quick thank you to God under my breath.

For the past 6 years, I've been spending an hour or two of my time in here. I can even memorize how many steps it took to go to one place to another.

The floor felt familiar to my feet. I even spent one drunken night here, I remember calling her name a thousand times and then cursing her for leaving me.

I cast my eyes at one specific place in the room, it is where the piano used to be. I remember our most intimate time at the piano.

"I don't want it to end just yet... too." I remember her say. What a liar.

Every kiss, every word, she gave me, they were lies. My eyes started to burn at the memories I recalled. I made my way to the elevator immediately.

There I let the tears fall. Every single night I would come here, I would shed tears. I feel so weak because I can't move on. Still can't move on.

When the elevator reached the lobby, I stepped out and I bumped so hard against a kid when I reached the corner.

"Watch it, will you?" I hissed. As I quickly wiped my tears away.

"Why don't you watch it?" The little boy challenged. His brown orbs were round. I wasn't about to butt heads with a kid.

"That was just a bump, you crying because of that? Whimp." He muttered.

Oh, he asked for it! It is on.

"Do you know who I am, kid?" I crouched down to meet him face to face.