Chapter 26

Nadine's POV

"The hell you're not." He hissed and kissed me. Kasabay ng paghalik niya sakin ay ang pagpatong niya sa akin sa kitchen counter.

I pushed him away immediately but gently.

"Why'd you do that?" He pulled away from me.

"You're here to have dinner at my house. Just dinner." I got down from the kitchen counter and started setting the table.

"God, I love Sinigang." He sighed contentedly as we started eating.

"You know Robert likes Sinigang as well." I chuckled. "I'm not gonna be shocked if he wakes up by the smell of it."

"Ganon talaga, mga gwapo mahilig sa Sinigang." He said as drove his spoon in his mouth.

"Kaya pala..." I mumbled.

"Kaya pala what?" He stopped chewing.

"Wala... Masarap ba?" I ignored him.

"You're keeping something from me." He narrowed his eyes.

"NO, why don't you clean up that mess first on your jacket?" I pointed, may kanin at sabaw kasing natapon sa jacket niya. Ang takaw kasi eh.

He groaned and got up, "Diyan ka lang, mamaya ka na ulit kumain pagka-balik ko." Then he made his way to the comfort room.

Aba't itong antipatiko na 'to! Pinigilan pa ako kumain.

I stopped eating anyway when I heard his phone ring.

Kinuha ko ito upang dalin kay James. Maybe it was an emergency. Wala namang nakalagay na name sa Caller ID. Bago ako makapunta sa C.R., the ringing stopped and his phone chimed.

+639*************

James, it's me Jamie. We need to talk.

Bigla akong kinabahan sa nabasa ko, hindi ko naman binuksan. Sa iPhone kasi bigla na lang nag-aappear.

I heard the phone rang again and I almost dropped it.

"Someone's calling you." I said as I saw from the corner of my eyes that James got out of the comfort room.

"Thanks," he muttered as he got the phone from me. I turned away from him as he answered his phone.

"Hey,"

"No, I'm busy right now."

"I'm sorr-"

James' POV

"You should go." She cut me off. I furrowed my eyebrows at her and then I ended the call.