four

"¿Què?" Carmen looks at the boy confused, the boy who had pulled her away from Ronnie, pulled her away from the chalk, pulled her away from her recess time

"¿Irás al baile conmigo?" "Will you go to the dance with me?" Luis asks again. Carmen didn't understand.

"No entiendo" "I don't understand" Carmen shakes her head. Luis nods, passing her a folded piece of paper. She hesitantly takes it, opening it and looking down.

Will you go to the dance with me Carmen?

"¿Sì?" Luis tilts his head to the side, smiling. Carmen looks up at him, she had been in school for two months and a half now, after the church incident her and her family hadn't approached Alex's mother, (to scared to do so). She couldn't believe she had already gotten a boy asking her to go the dance with him.

"Uh. No sé. ¿tal vez?" "I don't know. Maybe?" Carmen shrugs. "Te diré si cambio de opinión" "I'll tell you if I change my mind" she tells him, he grins.

"sì, voy a esperar" "yes, I will wait" He beams, and with that, he walks away, leaving Carmen confused. Why is he so patient? Does he want to take her to the dance that bad?

Carmen walks back over to Ronnie, sitting down on the stone next to her. "What was that about?" Ronnie asks.

"He asked me to the dance" Carmen shows Ronnie the paper, they both look at the eraser marks, showing how many times Luis tried to get his words right.

"Um.. well do you wanna go with him?" Ronnie goes back to drawing with the chalk, glancing at Carmen.

"I told him I didn't know yet, and that I'd tell him if I changed my mind" Carmen shrugs, folding the paper back to how it was and then putting it in her pocket, grabbing the red chalk she had set down earlier, and drawing again.

"Tell me if you do" Ronnie points at the girl next to her, Carmen smiles and nods. As much as Ronnie wanted her to say no to Luis, she couldn't control Carmen.

"¡Patea aquí, Irving! ¡Lo conseguiré!" "Kick here, Irving! I'll get it!" Alex shouts, waving his hands, Irving turns his head to Alex, kicking the fùtbol towards him.

"¡patearla!" "Kick it!" Irving stops running, watching as Alex walks backwards, trying to get the ball.

Alex's eyes widen when he feels himself step on something, he slips and falls back, dropping onto someone.

"Ow! What the heck?" Carmen groans, trying to shove Alex off of her.

Alex quickly gets up, scooting away. Ronnie grumbles. "What is your problem? You ruined our chalk drawing and fell on Carmen!" She looks at Carmen, her fingers had been crushed against the ground and Alex's body, blood dripping from underneath her nails. "Look what you did!"