eleven

Alex had become obsessed, he had his notebook resting on his thighs as he tried to figure out what he should write on the note, he watched as Carmen kicked the fùtbol to Diego during their recess

Santi had gotten everyone together to play fùtbol this recess, Alex had declined when he was asked, he had to write his love note.

"¡Un día podrías ser una Carmen profesional!" "One day you could be a professional Carmen!" Diego smiles, rolling the fùtbol under his foot.

Mia takes in a deep breath before nodding. "Yeah! I wish I was on your team!"

Ronnie places her hands on her hips. "Carmen you've gotta join the soccer team!"

"Fùtbol" Valentina pouts. "Soccer.. is american" she rolls her eyes. "Are they.. the same?"

"sí, lo es. ¡Tu inglés está mejorando!" "Yes it is. Your English is improving!" Carmen smiles at Valentina.

"gracias carmen! tu español también es muy bueno!" "Thanks Carmen! Your Spanish is also very good!" Valentina compliments her back.

"¡gracias!" Carmen nods. "¿Alguien sabe cuánto tiempo nos queda para el recreo?" "Does anyone know how much time we have left for recess?" She looks at everyone.

"unos ocho minutos" "about eight minutes" John tells all of them.

"¿Deberíamos jugar una ronda más?" "Should we play one more round?" Ronnie asks the group, a chorus of "sì"'s and nods answer.

Alex huffs, watching the group have fun without him, it was his choice to not play. He pouts, returning his gaze to his notebook.

Carmen you are..

He erases the words he wrote, hitting a fist on his head. Irving runs over. "vamos Alexis! ¡Ven y juega con nosotros!" "Come on Alexis! Come and play with us!" He waves Alex over to the group.

"No, no" Alex shakes his head. "Juegas fùtbol, estoy ocupado" "you play fùtbol, I'm busy"

"Ah.. sì" Irving nods, running back over to the group.

Alex sighs, looking up at the sky. He wished he was more like Luis.. or maybe just more likeable to the point Carmen likes him.

In that moment, he knew what to write, he quickly whips his head down, writing what he thought was the perfect love note in existence.

"I'll give it to her the night of the dance, then she'll have to love me!"

Sure, he still had to figure out how he'd end up alone with her but in the end, he knows it'll work out.

After school, Carmen saw Dan's car parked outside, he usually has work but today he was off, she was thankful. Their house wasn't far but she didn't like walking home.