five

"What's next?" Carmen asks her daughter as she pushes the heavy cart, Axel sitting in the top seat of the cart and Mia sitting next to the few items in their cart

"Cereal!" Mia reads off the list, folding it once again and setting it carefully on top of the paper towels.

"Got it, oop-- Axel no, no, don't eat the new socks" Carmen quickly snatches the pack of socks from her son, dropping it in the back next to Mia. Carmen pushes the cart down the aisle, looking at the shelves as she does so. "What cereal should we get?" She asks her daughter.

"Mm" Mia looks at the shelf when the cart rolls into the cereal aisle. "Fruity Pebbles" she nods, searching for the cereal.

As Carmen pushes the cart to the fruity pebbles, another cart slides into the aisle, stopping when the owner grabs it and tugs it to a stop. "Shit.." Alex mutters. "She's got to think I'm fucking following her"

"Okay.. but how about we save money by agreeing on one, or-- ooh, what the heck is this?" Carmen looks at the cereal bars on the shelf. "You wanna try these? They have a Fruity Pebbles one" she takes the box off the shelf, showing it to Mia. "Oh, they have a lot of them actually" she crouches down and looks at all the different cereal bars.

Alex quietly pushes his cart. "Oh great and she's where I wanna fucking get to!" He acts like he's looking at the cereal boxes, that's when he sees Mia and Axel. "What the fuck?" He stares at Axel, who stares right back. He smiles and looks back at the cereal. "Wait-- are those her fucking kids? What if Karl was right?"

Mia stands up, Axel looks at her, her eyes stop on the Fruity Pebbles on the shelf, just out of her reach. She places a hand on the top of the cart, leaning over and trying to reach the box, but the cart rolls, she loses her grip.

Alex quickly rushes over and catches her before she hits the ground, Mia's feet kick the cart, bumping into Carmen. "Mia?" Carmen calls out, already worried. But then she sees the man in front of the cart. "What the hell are you doing?" She walks out from behind the cart, now seeing what was going on.

Alex sets Carmen's daughter down on her feet. "I.. I-- um.. your kid fell and I caught her"

"I'm all good now! I almost died! This guy saved me!" Mia beams, pointing at Alex, though she was so close to him she ended up poking his head.

Alex stands up. "Look-- okay.. I uh, I understand this is probably suspicious" He starts, trying to explain himself. "But I can promise you.. I am not stalking you--"

"Thank you" Carmen cuts him off, she hugs him.. well, more like touching shoulders and patting him on the back. "My daughter would've gotten really hurt if you weren't here.. as much as you hurt me, please, let me buy your groceries" she crouches down and hugs Mia, who hugs her back.