eight

Carmen hadn't been in school for two weeks, when she explained the situation to Quinn and Dan when they got home they both quietly listened

     Carmen hadn't been in school for two weeks, when she explained the situation to Quinn and Dan when they got home they both quietly listened. Of course Quinn laughed after, saying Alex came up with a good nickname. He didn't know Alex made her cry.

Ronnie and Alex stared at the empty seat every single day, not even listening to the teacher, Alex kept asking himself if he went to far. He felt bad, he had regretted what he did, and he wanted to apologize for what he has done, kids were still talking about what had happened. Ronnie hated him, she would never forgive him for what he did. Rumors spread that Carmen had changed schools.

That has been what she's been begging Dan to do. "Please dad, I can never go back there!" Carmen pleads, Dan looks down at her, he felt bad, but they had just moved, could they even afford to move?

"I'm sorry, but.. people will move on right?" He shrugs. Even if people moved on from it, no one will forget it. "And-- and hey.. you've got that dance in a few weeks right? How about.." He pats his daughters head, trying to come up with some way to get her to go back to school. "..we go buy you the prettiest dress possible, any price-- uh.. b-below a hundred dollars.." He chuckles.

Carmen looks at the ground. "Maybe if I just ignore everyone.." She lifts her head, grinning. "Okay!"

While Carmen and Dan were out dress shopping, Quinn was working, some old lady with a mouth that told everyone everything happily hired him to help sell her fruits.

"muchas gracias" "thank you so much" the black haired woman smiles, the curly brown haired one giggles at her friend as they walk away.

Quinn sighs, smirking ever so slightly, it's not that he didn't appreciate the small nervous glances girls gave him, he just leaned the other way a bit.

The old lady gently slaps his forearm. "hijo, ¿por qué no le devuelves el coqueteo? Ellos son hermosos, ustedes son guapos, en vivo!" "son, why don't you flirt back? They are beautiful, you are handsome, live!" She waves her hands like a bird.

Quinn smiles. "Estoy bien, señora Sanchèz. No creo que les caiga bien cuando me conozcan mejor" "I'm fine, Mrs. Sanchèz. I don't think they'll like me when they get to know me better" He waves her off, laughing.

Everyday he asked himself when he would tell anyone how he truly felt, did it even matter that he had to tell anyone? Only his mother had known, telling her was a mistake anyways.

How was he suppose to tell Dan and Carmen that the reason their here is all because of him? That the reason their living in mexico is because his mother was so disgusted in him that she ran away with all their money and never came back?

"¡Oh, qué quieres decir con que eres un chico maravilloso! eres fuerte, guapo. mucho mejor que mi esposo" "Oh what do you mean you are a wonderful boy! you are strong, handsome. much better than my husband" she beams, patting his shoulder and walking over to help a customer.