five

Ronnie had only found out three months ago, she had found out that she likes the birds instead of the bees

     Ronnie had only found out three months ago, she had found out that she likes the birds instead of the bees. No one else knew but her, because she wasn't really sure yet.

But when Carmen arrived, Ronnie knew she was correct. She loved Carmen's smile, it was the first thing she saw.

"Esta es Carmen, es la nueva estudiante transferida, no sabe mucho español. así que por favor ayúdala" "This is Carmen, she is the new transfer student, she doesn't know much Spanish. so please help her" the principal explains, Ronnie smiles, turning her head to Carmen and nodding.

"Sì señor" Ronnie felt a little happier to be at school today, she was scared to go to school today, she was scared she'd be translating for some older boy, some mean kid. "Hi, I'm Ronnie!" She beams, waving her hand left and right.

Carmen pinches the bottom of her uniform, twisting the fabric between her fingers. "Uhm.. hi" she nervously waves back. "I'm.. I'm Carmen"

Ronnie knew she wanted to be with this girl, she stared at Carmen, confused on why she couldn't control her brain anymore, why she couldn't get her words out. "T-That-- your name is pretty!"

Carmen pauses, her eyes widen slightly, she giggles. "Thank you, I was named after my uncle Carmelo" she awkwardly scratches her nose.

"¡Puedo ver que las chicas se están llevando bien! vamos al salón de clases" "I can see you girls are getting along! let's go to the classroom" the principal nods, Ronnie nods back.

"She wants us to follow her to the classroom" Ronnie tells Carmen, she hums following the woman and Ronnie.

Ronnie smiles to herself, wondering how in the world.. could she be this lucky?

"I told your mom" Alex stares at Ronnie, holding back the smile that tried to stick to his lips.

Ronnie shakes her head, looking at Alex confused. A second ago she was just thinking about Carmen, now Alex was in front of her?

"What? What'd you tell her?" Ronnie asks, Alex rests his tongue on the front of his canine, biting down.

"I know you like Carmen"

Her heart stops, not literally, but it was as if it did. Something Ronnie and Alex don't ever let anyone know, is that their moms are best friends, and Ronnie is often over at Alex's house, vice-versa.

Meaning, he heard about the private parts of Ronnie's life, because when their mothers spoke, there was no filter, and they spilt everything.

That's what was going on right now, they both sat on the couch watching Killer Bean as their mothers spoke to each other in the kitchen. Their mothers always had get togethers when Alex's father was at work, and his sister was at practice.

"Yeah.. as a friend" Ronnie rolls her eyes, chuckling. She crosses her arms, leaning back into the couch.

"I know what you are, you're a lesbian. Diego told me about it" Alex looks away from her. "He said when a--"