Puka Puka~

I walked aimlessly around the school hallways. I've been taking extra classes to train my skills.

Well, it's not actually a class, it's just me, myself and I at the practice room. I decided to take a short break after a while training so here I am.

"Hmmm... it's unusually quiet today. Where's everyone?" I muttered. I've been walking for quite a while, yet I haven't seen anyone yet.

"Don't tell me I'm not supposed to be here now..." I started to panic. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. I froze. Right now, nothing good is in my mind.

"(Y/N)~ (Y/N)~" a creepy voice came to my ear. I closed my eyes. "Oh dear oh dear. Don't eat me....." I trembled, and fell to my knees, covering my ears.

The footsteps stopped. A wet hand touched my shoulder. "Aahhhh!!! Don't eat me, ghost!!!" I screamed.

"Eh~? Ghost?" the voice started to sound familiar. I gathered my courage and turned back.

To my surprise and relief, it was Kanata who's behind me. He seems to be soaking wet. Well, that was embarrassing.

"Are you okay~? (Y/N)~?" he asked. I stood up and dusted my clothes. "A-ah! Shinkai-senpai! Sorry, I didn't know it was you... Uh... forget what I did just now" I gave an awkward smile.

Kanata nodded his head slowly. "Why are you here, senpai? And you're wet, too" I pointed out. "I was busy puka puka~-ing in the fountain, but I forgot something back in the class. It's something for RYUSEITAI's practice session later" he explained.

"Ohh, is that so? However, you shouldn't come here soaking wet like this. You left an obvious trail of water" I told. Kanata looked behind him. "Oh~ I did. I should clean it up" he tapped his chin.

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand. "Let's go~ I have a towel in my bag at the class" he smiled. "Eh?"

As you probably know, I became a victim. Kanata asked me to help, and all he gave was a small handkerchief. I sighed, and wiped my sweat.

"Ahh.. are we doing this all the way to the fountain?" I groaned. "No, only until the end of the stairs. Why? Are you tired~? We can rest for a bit" Kanata suggested. I nodded. I need it right now. My back is aching from bending down for a long time.

I sat down on the floor with my back against the wall. Kanata walked off somewhere else. I closed my eyes for a bit. Suddenly, I heard footsteps running up the stairs and towards me.

"Ah! What happened? (L/N), are you alright?" someone suddenly shook my shoulders. I opened my eyes again. It was Chiaki.

He seemed relieved when he sees me. "Oh my, you're okay! What happened? Did an evil monster come and attacked you?!" he suddenly asked.

I looked at him blankly. "What?"

"Oh, it seems you weren't, what a relief! What were you doing, you look exhausted!" he looked at me with concern. At that time, Kanata came back.

"Ehh~? Chiaki~. Hehe, she was helping me clean the floor. I brought trails of water since I came here still wet. But don't worry, I all dry~ now" he interrupted.

"Huh? If you need help, just call me, didn't I tell you, (L/N)? Don't worry, I'll clean this up for you! Sorry for what Kanata did!" Chiaki placed his palms together and lowered his head.

Kanata pouted. "What are you~? My 'dad'~?"

Chiaki grinned in response.

After another 30 minutes, we managed to wipe off the water from the hallways. I smiled, relieved.

"We're done! Yay!" I cheered. That felt like forever.