Moonstruck

I gasped at the exquisite decor surrounding the Yumenosaki Academy environment. All the summer heat and the tiredness we felt decorating the school these past few days paid off.

I actually showed up in a custom kimono Kuro made for me, for the Tanabata Festival tonight. It's Anzu's first producer work, and we all pitched in to help. She's very good as a first-timer. The idols also play a big role in livening up the atmosphere.

I headed to a bamboo tree to hang my wish card first. As I was absorbed in making my wish, I felt a presence beside me. I looked at him. It's Souma, looking at me with a soft smile. I smiled back.

We finished making our wishes. "Good evening, Kanzaki-kun. Is that AKATSUKI's special outfit?" I greeted, pointing at his outfit.

"Good evening, (L/N)-dono. Yes, Kiryu-dono made it. He made yours too, right?" Souma nodded. "Yeah. He has such skills... I'm in love with this outfit" I complimented, swaying my hand back and forth.

Souma chuckled. "Why not come with me? Come watch AKATSUKI'S performance. The other performances are also starting pretty soon" Souma mentioned. I checked the clock on my phone. "Oh, shoot. I'm doing the opening performance. Thanks for the reminder, you're very competent. Let's go" I slapped my cheek.

Souma took my hand in his. "Now now, don't do that" he had a sweet smile on his lips, my heart almost skipped a beat. I blushed. "O-okay...." I stammered.

The performances ended well, late into the night. However, everyone doesn't seem to be heading home yet.

I walked calmly at the courtyard chewing on some candy I bought. The stars seem to be shining brightly tonight, especially the two stars we are celebrating. It made me wonder.. Will my wish come true?

'I wish to be an idol who can shine brightly with my own light'

That was my wish. I smiled at the sea of stars above me. I extended my hand towards the sky. Suddenly, two hands came and grasped mine. Surprised, I turned back.

It was Souma again, but this time, he was joined by Adonis. "E-eh? G-guys... Hi" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Ehehe. Did we surprise you? Sorry if we made you uncomfortable" Souma chuckled. "Good evening, (L/N)" Adonis waved. I waved back with a smile.

I looked back to the sky. "Tonight is very beautiful, isn't it? It feels endless" I spoke. "Indeed. Actually, that's why we came to you. We want to invite you to come have some sweets with us at the rooftop" Souma told.

"Yes. Kanzaki prepared some traditional Japanese sweets tonight. We thought you're not busy now, so we wanted to invite you" Adonis continued.

"Hm? O-oh? I... umm I need to check with Midori first. He might want to go home early..." I told. I excused myself for a bit and went somewhere.

Fortunately, just as I turned at the corner of the building, I can see RYUSEITAI together putting up their wishes on the bamboo tree. I was just thinking that they might be done but Chiaki suddenly pulled out a bag of fireworks. I assume they'll be playing with that for a while.

I was just about to head back to Adonis and Souma, but they're already behind me. "So, is he going home yet?" Adonis asked, peeking from above my head.

"Oh? You guys are here? Well, it doesn't seem like it. I guess I'll join you. But only for a bit" I informed. The two had wide smiles on their faces. They each took my hand and pulled me somewhere.

We ended up on the rooftop. There were a bunch other people there, but everyone's just minding their own business. We sat at a quiet area that Adonis and Souma set up earlier.

There were small colourful containers on the mat. Souma opened them one by one, and each are filled with cute Japanese desserts - mochis, dangos, taiyakis and even some themed wagashi.

My mouth watered as I saw the desserts. "You made all these, Kanzaki-kun? They look good~" I praised. "Really? Thanks! An approval from you means it does look good. But try some, and you'll know for sure" Souma said, handing me a mochi.

Undoubtedly, it tastes just as good as it looks. I smiled, satisfied and gave him a thumbs up. Souma beamed. "How about you, Adonis-dono? Is it good?" he turned to Adonis with hopeful eyes.

Adonis is busy chewing on the dessert, so he made some hand gestures. I'm not sure what it meant, but since Souma looks happy, I'm sure it meant its good.

"I love it, Kanzaki. It feels better when we're under the moon like this" Adonis spoke once he finished the food in his mouth. He patted Souma's head. Souma blushed with a smile.

Thinking of what Adonis said, I looked up to the sky once more. It looks more gorgeous since we're closer. The round moon also radiates a beautiful glow tonight. I was captivated. No matter how many times I look to the sky tonight, it still doesn't fail to amaze me.

"(L/N), don't look up for too long. It might hurt your neck" Adonis reminded. I fixed my posture with a shy smile.

"Anyways, let's eat! (L/N)-dono might need to leave soon, so let's have a nice chat while we have the chance" Souma interrupted. I nodded and grabbed another mochi.

We spent most of the time chatting the night away. Souma even managed to find the room to show us some new sword skills he learned recently.

I kept on peeking down at RYUSEITAI to see what they're up to, and every time, they seem to still be occupied with the fireworks or just goofing off in general. So, I decided to stay longer.

As we got deeper into the night, I started to feel drowsy. I laid down on my side and closed my eyes. I can feel something like a thin blanket being put on me.

"Are you tired, (L/N)-dono? I'm glad we managed to fill up the night with you" I can hear Souma speak.

"Such a precious girl. Kanzaki, let's clear up the place. I'll carry her to RYUSEITAI later" Adonis followed.

After a bit, I can feel myself falling asleep, but my mind is awake. I felt how Adonis carried me, handed me to RYUSEITAI where Chiaki helped carry me to the car. I slept with my head on Midori's lap until we got home.

All I know is that my lips had a smile on it. A smile that didn't fade all night.

Such a perfect night it is, huh?