~ 4.

>> four – don't get caught <<

— — — ———————— — — —

[FLASHBACK: TWO YEARS AGO]

— – I STAND balanced on the edge of the balcony railing. I've got a small bag on my back to hold the new file and my bat.

I turn carefully and flip up to the next balcony, cheering. I continued up and up until I reached the roof and took off at a dead sprint.

The file in my bag.

Name: Angela Waters
Age: 34
  Raped and Mutilated
  August 8th
  Bidwell Crescent
Suspect: Curtis Smith (41)
Relation to suspect: N/A
Weapons: butchers knife, hatchet

Curtis faced no jail time, 2 day holding cell and 4 days questioning. He was wrote up on 'GOTHAM CITY PREDATORS AND SEX OFFENDERS LIST' on August 15th.

I'm sure I'll get a kick out of this, maybe even a dead body. Who knows!

— — ——— — —

I swung myself from roof to roof after climbing a drain pipe on this rundown motel. I missed this feeling of freedom. I had every street mapped out, including possible drug labs and clubs that writhed with predators and illegal activities. What I do is also illegal, but less illegal than them.

You find that most people work where they kill. So it didn't take long to find a lowered roof by Bidwell and loud music that screamed clubs. And there he was. The sick bastard himself walking out with a very young, uncomfortable looking woman and a few older men, all smoking cigars and laughing obnoxiously. Snobs. The woman had bright tangerine curly hair and a short, tight blue dress on.

I pull my bat out and jump down behind a van to hide my bag under.

"Hey dickheads! Maybe prey on people your own size, yeah?" I shouted from them, out of sight. The men all looked around, mildly panicked and pissed. Good. My culprit pulled out a Rugger LCR. The guy has money.

"Pulling a gun? That's cute," I walk around behind him and bash my bat around the side of his head, "but dangerously pathetic."

I gently take the girl by the arm and pull her behind me, just as the other men pull out their own guns and start firing. I dodge most of them, managing to knock three down. That leaves two.

I duck under one of their arms and take control over it, firing the knocked down men's legs and knees. The other one comes up behind me, hidden knife in hand. So I pull out mine and suprise stab the guy in the lower stomach. He screams in agony when I take it out and kick him down. I hold my bloodied knife up to the quivering guy's neck I still had a grip on and kicked the gun out of his hand, getting enough momentum to twist his arm and pull him down. The other men were writhing in pain, and Curtis was just coming back around. I glanced at the girl and told her to run quickly. She hesitated before nodding and running off out the alley way and down the street.

"Who do you work for?" I spoke darkly, twisting the guy's arm more until he screamed in pain.

"No one! I work for no one!" He rushed and slured his words. Drunk and a liar.