~ 12.

>> twelve – amendments <<

— — — ———————— — — —

— – JASON INSISTED that I stayed at his safe house tonight. I don't know why, but I'm convinced he's terrified of losing me like I nearly lost Kath. Again, attachment issues. I knew it from day one.

He tossed me a white motorcycle helmet and started up his bike whilst I looked it over. I shrugged and took a seat behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist and holding on for dear life.

"Make sure you watch your pants on the engine. It gets hot pretty quick." He shouted over the roaring engine. I nodded and leaned against his back as he set off. I flipped the eye cover down so I could enjoy the view without water in my eyes. I've been on a bike like this once before but when I was 12. It was my brother's that he had borrowed from a company for mine and Eva's birthday.

How he got the money, I still don't know.

It didn't take us long to get to this 'safe house' of his. It was a tall black skyscraper with mainly just windows for walls.

Privacy: 0
Chances of being stalked: 1

He cut the engine and hopped off the bike after me, taking the helmet off of my head and carrying it under his arm to the elevator. When he tapped the button I noticed there was only three, despite the atleast 30 floors I counted outside. Unless there's other elevators every 10 floors then that's just unpractical.

Atleast the music was good.

"You like the Beatles?" Jason questioned at my head bopping.

"Of course I like the Beatles! Eleanor Rigby is my favourite."

He tisked, "why not someone like Guns 'n Roses? Or Nirvana?"

"Obviously I listen to Guns 'n Roses and Nirvana aswell. I'm not an animal!" I rolled my eyes at his lack of musical taste in me. I love all genres but pop. I hate pop with a burning passion, and I hate that I get the songs stuck in my head at random times during work. Kath has dubbed it my 'coming of youth' time when it does. She's big on jazz and blues, she loves Elvis.

The elevator dinged and door opened. We walked up to multiple scanners, retina, fingerprint, even voice recognition! How rich is this guy?!

The massive metal door opens to reveal one of the most red rooms I've seen in my life. There was a kitchen off to the side, sofa and coffee table in the center with a bed just behind it. There was another door that looked to be locked, but I payed no mind to that. I was more focused on the view.

I ran up to the window and peered up at the night sky through it. I sighed whilst admiring the stars above, I could name every constellation I see through the rain covered glass. I started muttering them to myself.

"I thought you might like that." I could feel him stood next to me, looking up aswell. I moved my hand over ever so slightly to link our pinkies together. He took it a step further and soon my entire hand was engulfed in his. I smiled and started pointing at the constellations.

"That's Orion, below him is Euridanus, then Lepus and Canis Minor..." This is the most relaxed I've been in a long while, especially this week. With being shot, having to save my friend and having about 5 mental breakdowns in one day.

This is all I needed.

I started telling the story of Orion. How he became a constellation, who he was when he was alive. Everytime my eyes met Jason's, I could see how content he was. Like he was hanging on every word I spoke.