~ 14.

>> fourteen – secrets <<

— — — ———————— — — —

— – I AWOKE suddenly the next morning after hearing that Brianna's voice echoing around my brain. She's seriously fucked me up. I ran a hand down my face while I sat up and leaned on the other. There was the scrapping of plates and something good smelling, sizzling away in the kitchen area. I hate the sound of scrapping plates. I can't describe why, I just don't like it. With a swift motion I swung my legs off the bed and stood up, feeling a little dizzy with the black that fogged my vision for a few seconds. I need a drink.

I slowly waddled into the kitchen and spotted Jason with his back turned, cooking the good smelling thing. I still can't make out what it is. I walk over and hug him from behind, which makes him jump a little and nearly whack me in the head with his elbow.

"Morning." I smiled, looking up at him when he turned to face me. He chuckled and turned the cooker off.

"Morning sleepyhead. You okay?" I hummed, still smiling tiredly while I buried my head in his back. He laughed and turned properly around just to pick me up with one arm under the back of my knees and the other supporting my back so I don't topple. I instinctively wrap my arms around his neck and lean close to his chest. Before I registered it, he sat me down in a tall chair and kissed my temple before walking back over to the cooker, taking the plates with him. I gently rubbed the place he kissed and rubbed my finger against my thumb.

Cut the tie. I told myself. He placed a plate beside me and leaned against the fridge in front of me with his own plate. Breakfast waffles with the good, half-melted square butter and syrup. How can I say no to that? I picked my plate up with the fork I'm just realising was also next to it and start cutting in immediately. I hummed at the sweetness of the syrup and warmth of the waffles mixed together. I'll give him one thing, he's a brilliant chef.

"Are they good?" He questioned, looking at me eagerly. I nodded and smiled.

"Really good. Where did you learn to cook?" I placed a hand over my mouth because I was still eating. If I'm going to talk with food in my mouth, I'm going to cover it because that's less disgusting.

"I had lessons as a kid."

"From your old man?" I chuckled. He paused a moment, giving me a small smile.

"Something like that, yeah." We fell into silence as we continued eating. He finished a little before me and took my plate when I was done, putting them in the sink.

I walked back over to the bed to pick up my phone and switch it on. When I did I had about 20 notifications just between Alfred, Henry and Kath. Mainly Henry and Kath.

I checked Alfred's messages first.

Are you alright?
Please respond when you can.
Zeus is getting agitated.
- Alfred

I quickly replied with:

I'm alright now, Alfred. Sorry
for not responding sooner.
I should have told you where I was
going and if I was going
to be back.

Then I checked Henry's messages.

Amellia, what pads should I get?
Kath's on her period
in the hospital and need me to
get some but I don't know what
kind to get.