~ 11.

>> eleven – get used to it <<

— — — ———————— — — —

— – I PACED back on forth while Boss was still shouting orders at the officers. I was told to stand outside because it "isn't my business". Like hell it is. People were still rushing past me, trying to sort out the exploding head incident. Just then, two full teams of high-ranking officers and police rushed past me, with boss tailing behind them, hand on gun holster. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the side.

"What's happening?"

"We're sending a search team for Maine. And no, you can't come." I could see the sweat dripping on his balding head and upper-lip. My hand clenched.

"Why not? If anything I'm the only one she trusts out of your entire police force to rescue and see her." I huffed. He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"This isn't your feild to investigate. Go back to your files, Grady." Before I could snap and possibly hit him, he ran off with the troops. I don't know how they intend to find her. When I showed them the number it was private and a burner one. Couldn't be traced despite the various attempts and almost breaking my phone in half. Thanks Garry. Unless they've gotten a message or had some contact from Kath's own phone, then they have no way of tracking her.

Thankfully enough, I do.

— — ——— — —

I perched on a rooftop and stared at my phone. I had my bat resting in an old sword sheath and a gun in a 'borrowed' holster, my knife in the other. I was flicking through mine and Kath's messages until I found the silent link to her location. It was months ago, but I finally found it and tapped the link.

KATHERINE M. —
! shared location with +1 other.
    W.3055.CNTR.054
    WAREHOUSE DISTRICT
    GOTHAM CITY

Oh no.

No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

Not there.

Anywhere but there.

A notification pinged at the top of my screen. Another burner number. One image.

Like what you see?
+1 attached image

I tapped on it and nearly dropped my phone off the roof.

It was Kath, stripped down to bra and underwear, a full tank of steaming blue acid above her about to spill. Her nose was bloodied and broken. Her arm wasn't right. And she was tied by thick wires to an industrial sized pillar.

For fuck sake.

If Amellia Grady can't go, that means that Cirrus can.

I put my phone back into my pocket and zipped it up, pulling the net over my hair and then my mask.

Don't do anything stupid, Mia.

— — ——— —

It didn't take long to get where she was. I new the way like the back of my scarred hand. Not something I could get used to.

I hid away whilst I watched the police and officers arrive, storming into the place with guns and riot sheilds raised. From the windows I could already see people dressed in full black going their way.