Exchange of Gender

Story Unfolds :

"Then you yourself want to join to the great war of Kurukshetra. Hmm. Very interesting." Sthunakarna twisted his nose in thought. It was his signature style.

For some days, when she was living here, she had been accompanied by him. He was following everywhere behind him. He befriended her. In his lonely life she was the only ray of light to him. His only friend here with whom he could share his everything without hiding anything. He loved to do that. He had realized connection with her. Might be friendship or love or attraction. Whatever it was, it was pure. No physical desire was from his side. Nor from her end too. She was too much focused on her mission.

"Then you want to be a boy to kill that old man. I know someone who can truly help you." All of a sudden he told her. In a serious face.

"Who?!!" She asked in shock.

"Me." He smiled big.

She narrowed her eyes in disbelief. It must be another prank of his. She was not going to buy it. Not anymore. One day he served her his own dinner and after eating it he told her that it was a snake soup. She tried to vomit but he then broke into a big hearty roar of laughter. It was his prank.

"I don't believe in you a bit." She told him grumpily.

"But I can. Believe me. Being a Yaksha it is easy for me." He jumped up in joy.

"Hmm. But what is the catch?!!" She seemed still dubious as if it could be his one of prank.

"You are right. There is a condition. You have to marry me." He told her with a big grin on face.

"What are you talking about?!! Are you insane or something?!!" She had gasped in shock.

"I want you to marry me and spend just one night with me. Then I will give you my boyhood happily. You can keep it up till the end of the war. Then you have to promise to come back to me and we both will live happily ever after." He elaborately proposed for marriage to her.

She opened her eyes wide in shock. She just could not believe her ears. How could a normal man want to marry her?!! Her?!!! A transgender like her?!! Why?!! There were some reason behind that. Must be.

He understood her inner dilemma and explained everything calmly to her.

"In one of your precious birth, you were Sunaina. You were daughter of Apsara Ghritachi, one of dancers, of Lord Indra Dev. I was your childhood friend. We have done most mischiefs all together. We are inseparable. Then gradually we grow up and fell apart." He sighed softly.

"Why?!! What happened?!!!" She had asked him.

"You fell in love with Prabhash, the most dashing Vasus or God's of Lord Indra Dev. He loved you too. You both got married. And I lost my chance to be united with you. Then in the curse of Maharishi Bashistha you took birth as Amba and now as Shikhandini." He continued.

"So you want to rekindle your lost romance with me?!!" Shikhandini asked him in surprised fashion.

"Yes. You may say that. I must need something to live for. Don't you think so too?!!" He looked at her in puppy eyes by blinking his eyelashes many times.

"Hmm. Interesting proposition. But sorry. I can't take it. I am on a mission. Marriage and children are just out of questions for me. At least now." She answered him firmly.