CHAPTER 16

MAX
WE WERE THROWN INTO the back of a truck and were sunken to our feet by the weight of the deactivated nets. Iggy looked over at Nudge, his eyes a little over her head.
"This remind you of anything?" He chuckled.
"Yeah." She responded. I was missing something clearly.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"A good couple of months ago, Iggy, Angel, and I, were all trapped in the back of an armored truck before."
"Why just you guys?"
"Remember? The Flyboys?" I immediately remembered what she was talking about. It was when we found out, Angel wasn't the sweet girl we all saw her as.
"Oh..." I looked downward and frowned. It was our fault. Mine and Fang's. We left them there in the middle of a canyon, all by themselves. A bunch of bad memories flooded back into my head and I began to lose control. Before I knew it, I was sobbing into the sleeve of my sweatshirt. Nudge reached over to me and rubbed my shoulder.
"I'm sorry, Max. We all miss her. But I promise we will find her."
I nodded, snapping back to normal. I reached for my back pocket and pulled out a pocket knife. I tried cutting through the net, but it was no use. We were waiting in this truck indefinitely. Which wasn't long, because after a couple of minutes, we stopped and were thrown into an empty, concrete room.
"Gaz?" I walked over to him in the dimly lit room, "You OK?" He nodded slightly, folding his legs and wrapping his arms around his knees, burying his face into his arms. "Gaz." I punched him softly in the arm, "Come on! Snap out of it. Listen, I raised you for most of your life, you owe me one." I smiled a little and he slowly lifted his face from his arms. He began growing a smile too. He then began laughing maliciously. I backed away, confused.
"These bombs are sooo, heavy!" I punched the air as he unpacked  dozens of bombs from his jacket and pockets.
"Yes, gazzy!" Dylan shouted.
"Now, let's rock this joint!" Gazzy said, using his voice imitation. We all burst out into a laugh. He pulled out a C4, we all cheered. He placed about five down in the center of the room and the rest of us backed away. He ran off to a corner in the room and swiped up the detonator. "Three!"
"Two!" We shouted with him.
"One!!" The room lit up to a bright yellow and orange as debris flew all around us. There was some screaming underneath us, but this was a jailbreak, and some eggs need to broke. Gazzy was the first to leap down the hole.
"Gazzy?!" A voice called out from below. I knew that voice. I dove down and landed on my feet.
"Woah, woah, woah!" I ran over to gazzy and covered his eyes. Iggy and nudge both jumped down after us. "Why in the world, are you half-naked!" I exclaimed. Dylan jumped down and immediately averted his eyes. Or tried to. He snuck a peek.
"Wait, what?" Iggy asked, smirking, "Who is this?"
"Snow." I answered.
"Get your dirty hands off of me! I have my rights!"
"Sure, Gaz!" He made me say, using his voice throwing. I sputtered my mouth and spat on him. "Keep your words out of my mouth!"
Snow gained the time to put her shirt back on and walk up to us.
                                    "How did you guys find us-" Snow began to ask but was cut off. The doors to the room slid open and we all scrambled around the room. A little boy was thrown into the room and fell against the floor. "Patrick!" She shouted in glee.
"Hey, get down!" Guards entered the room pulling out rifles. "Pat, John!" Snow called. They all nodded and they did something unexpected.
"Erasers!" Gazzy yelled out to me. They pounced on the guards and blood smeared everywhere. An arm flew past nudge, as she shuddered, dodging it. I guess that answers my question from before. They are a pack. A wolf pack. Once the guards were finished and alarms were blaring, I stormed over to Snow.
"What the hell?" I asked in a stern tone.
"What?" She asked.
"Are you serious?" I flew my arms in the air, "You transform into an eraser, and you say what?"
"Yeah..."
"Wh-" I grumbled and kicked some debris around.
"Is there a problem with erasers?" I nodded my head vigorously.
"Erasers were hunters for us. And they have been until a while ago when they went extinct-" I covered my mouth.
"What?"
"You guys are supposed to be extinct."
"No, wait that makes no-"
"A couple months ago, erasers went extinct from an expiration date." She snickered a little.
"Expiration dates?" She said, laughing. "Like the food?"
"No, you don't understand, listen-" I stopped at the scent of smoke filling the air around us. Everyone else stopped and smelled it too.
"Is that smoke-" Dylan said, but the floor cut him off. The whole floor went underway.