Prologue

ITALY

"Mr king,"The man greeted bowing his head in front of the cold Mafia boss that seems uninterested in what he was doing.

Mr King looked up from his file and raised an eyebrow waiting for what his left hand man and best friend had to say." What is it Alex?" Valentino king asked impatiently.

"Your brother is in trouble again and this time it's quite serious" Alex said looking quite tense.

Valentino sighed deeply and looked at his right hand man. "What did he do again now?" He asked irritated. He had enough work already and was definitely not in the mood for some shit from his careless brother.

"He kidnapped 20 young girls and sold them to a drug dealer in New York City. Unfortunately a lawyer has got a great amount of evidence against him and he may be in jail soon, Valentino. She's planning to.... reveal the evidence soon... according to the research I did" Alex explained hesistantly. Fearing for his boss temper. Best friend or not, he was definitely scared. Valentino was always short tempered and this news was certainly not very pleasant to hear.

"Damn it! "Valentino shouted, slamming his hand on his desk, breathing heavily." Can't we just kill her? "He asked annoyed. He had so many things to do already. Dealing with a lawyer was the least of his priorities. He knew his brother's actions were wrong but then again he always protected him and it was not about to change... His love for his brother was blind and that was what would cause his downfall.

"No, she's a well known Lawyer and we can't just kill her when she's innocent. It's your brother's fault. It goes against your own rules if you kill her, "Alex replied in a matter of fact.

Alex was right, he had vowed when he took over the position of the mafia boss that no woman or children should be raped, sold and none should be killed unless they were guilty and deceived them.This lawyer was not truly guilty. She was simply doing her job. He sighed softly and closed his eyes for a few seconds trying to calm himself. He had to solve this problem with calmness and practical thinking. Now was not the time to get angry.

"What's her name?" He asked finally opening his eyes to stare at Alex.

"Lucasia Cursewood. 23 years old. She is a very talented and intelligent Lawyer and has 95.7 % of success," Alex explained handing him a file.

Valentino took the file and raised his eyebrows, clearly intrigued by this Lawyer.
Completely clean record, no crimes ever committed, feminist and activist. A true example of justice itself. Now that's a true pearl. He stared at the picture of the lawyer who interrupted his work with curiosity. She was quite beautiful. He would give her that for sure.

"Hmm Okay then I guess we are going to New York. Book the nearest flight for me," Valentino said dismissing his right hand man who nodded and left silently shutting the door behind him.

"Well.. let's see if you are as angelic as you presume, Gattina" Valentino said still staring at the picture of Lucasia Cursewood. A smirk now plastered on his face. He had a feeling dealing with this girl will turn out to be a very interesting experience.

-(Gattina - kitten)

Don't forget to vote, Thank you! This is my second book and it's quite different from my previous one but I hope you give it a try and appreciate it as much as I do (: