Chapter 12

Valentino waited till Lucasia was inside before closing the door. He then turned around to face his curious wife.

"Close your eyes and don't open them till I tell you to" He demanded sternly.

"Why?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Just do it" He said rolling his eyes. She sighed but nonetheless closed her eyes, playing with her hands nervously.

He instantly came closer to her and held her left hand in his before sliding a beautiful black diamond ring on her left ring finger. He then placed a gentle kiss on her knuckles and felt her shiver in response. He smirked content with the effect he had on her.

"You can open them now" Valentino said with a satisfied look in his eyes. He wanted to get her a ring especially after that incident with Samuel. He had to give her a ring to let everyone that dared to look at her know that she was his. Why was he so possessive of her? Fuck he did not know but he just could not control it..

Lucasia opened her eyes as asked and gasped in surprise. "Oh my god.. It's beautiful" She said observing the ring in pure awe.

"Glad to hear that you like it... I wasn't sure about the size but I guess it's good" Valentino said rubbing the back of his neck nervously. He was not one to be affectionate.

"Thank you.. It fits perfectly well and It's really beautiful but why would you do that? This marriage is a fake one.." She said looking down. Valentino's heart ache at her words. It was true that they started their relationship through a fake and forced marriage. And he still feels guilty for that but he cared for her.. And hearing her speak like that hurt him more than he expected.

He sighed heavily and lifted her chin up to stare into her hazel eyes. "I know... This marriage is a forced one but... I care for you and you are my wife. You should have a ring on your finger" He whispered caressing her jawline with his thumb.

Her eyes widened slightly and her cheeks turned slightly red with his words making him smile softly. "Here, put this ring on my finger, I'm your husband as much as you are my wife " Valentino stated giving her a black wedding band.

Lucasia stared at the wedding band for a few seconds before finally taking it and sliding it on his left ring finger. "Do you love your brother a lot Valentino?" She asked catching him off guard. Why was she bringing his brother up now?

"Why?" He asked with a frown.

"Answer the question" She insisted, her face holding a stoic expression, her eyes filled with conflicting emotions.

"Well... Yes I do. Very much. He's my only blood related family left" He replied not quite understanding why she was asking that.

Was she hiding something from him? Now that he thinks about it... Lucasia seemed to really despise her brother and as far as he remembers. She had imprisoned people who did more horrible acts then why so much hatred towards Jonathan? Did anything happened between these two?

"I see..." Lucasia trailed off with a heavy sigh making him snap back to reality. Something was bothering her.

"Gattina is anything wrong? Is there something you want to tell me?" He asked staring into her tormented eyes.

"No... It's fine" She replied before pushing past him and leaving the room before he could even ask anything more.

                                  ***
Hours later

Valentino sat in his redesigned office staring at his wedding ring with a smile. Yet his mind was still racing with thoughts about what she was possibly hiding. He had all information about her and there was clearly no connection between her and his brother except that she's been on Jonathan's back for months. Then why did he feel like there was something?

"What's up dear boss? " Ares asked snapping him out of his thoughts. He stared at Ares who was bowing dramatically.

"Oh stop with that, I told both you and Alex not to bow. Besides you both normally bow only when you have information that is going to piss me off or when you just want to annoy me" Valentino stated rolling his eyes.

"True. So did you give her the ring?" Ares asked raising his eyebrows in a teasing way.

"I did " Valentino said unable to resist the smile that appeared on his face.

"Wow the devil himself is smiling. Finally!!" Ares said clapping his hands with a cheerful smile.

"Now you are behaving like Alex" Valentino said shaking his head.

"I heard my name... All good I hope. What are you guys talking about?" Alex asked entering inside with raised eyebrows.

"Mr king here just smiled for the first time in ages all thanks to a specific Lawyer," Ares said just to tease him.

"Aww you guys are so cute to be honest. I ship you both!! #Valusia," Alex said making Valentino chuckle.

"You guys are crazy," He stated looking at his right hand man and left hand man's childish behaviour. These two were definitely kids when they wanted to but he was nonetheless more than grateful to have these two by his side. They were not only his best friends but brothers he could trust with his life. Loyal and faithful men.

Don't forget to vote, Thank you!!