Chapter 33

The wedding day

Valentino stood dressed in an elegant intricately designed Ottavio Nuccio gala suit and watched as his wife walked down the aisle in a stunning black gown with her hair styled in a waterfall braid making her look like a Goddess... Like the Devil's bride. She had no make up on yet she was breathtakingly beautiful with just her cute pink lips and hazel eyes. Those beautiful hazel eyes that he loved so much.

He held in his breath and watched as Mr Alessio accompanied her down the aisle, happiness and pride in his eyes while Lucasia's mom and brother looked at her with teary and happy eyes. There were quite a lot of people such as Evan who currently had a cheeky smile on his face and there were many Mafia families and bosses as well, all staring at them with a soft smile. Alex also stood behind him while Ares stood on the other side. Both of them looked very much happy and at peace as well. It was definitely a happy occasion filled with love, happiness and hope.

Valentino exhaled softly when Lucasia finally stood right in front of him. He immediately took her hand in his and placed a tender kiss on her knuckles. "You look as breathtakingly beautiful as ever my Gattina" He said staring up at her lovingly.

Lucasia smiled with her cheeks slightly red before saying "And you look as gorgeous as ever my devil husband"

He chuckled softly in reply and stood straight allowing the priest to start the ceremony. His eyes remained glued to her while the priest talked, he still couldn't believe this woman right here was his wife. His love. And damn was he madly in love with her... She was his everything.

"Do you, Mrs Lucasia Cursewood take Valentino King as your husband?" The priest finally asked making him snap out of his awe struck state. He held in his breath and waited for her response. His heart racing the whole time.

"Yes I do" She replied, her hazel eyes boring into his grey ones, filled with affection, adoration and love. He exhaled softly when she answered and continued to stare at her lovingly.

"Do you promise to cherish, to honour and sustain him in happiness, sadness, sickness, in poverty, in wealth and to be true to him till death?" The priest asked.

"Yes. I promise. I will always love him with all my life and protect him with my soul no matter what," Lucasia vowed making him smile happily while she slid the dragon ring on his left ring finger where his previous ring already was.

"Do you Mr Valentino king take Mrs Lucasia Cursewood as your wife?" The priest asked now staring at him.

"Yes God Yes I do" Valentino replied making everyone chuckle softly.

"Do you promise to cherish, to honour and sustain her in happiness, sadness, sickness, in poverty, in wealth and to be true to her till death?" The priest asked.

"Yes I promise. I will always protect her and cherish her forever with every fibre in me" Valentino vowed making Lucasia smile brightly while he slid the dragon ring on her left ring finger where the diamond ring still shone till this day.

"I now declare you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride" The priest finally announced and Valentino wasted no time. He immediately pulled her closer by the waist and lifted her black veil before kissing her passionately while cheers erupted in the room.

Lucasia gripped his neck in response and kissed him back passionately. Both of them pouring all the love, affection, adoration and passion they had for each other in this kiss.

"I love you" Valentino whispered after finally breaking the kiss.

"I love you too" Lucasia whispered back, a soft smile on her lips. He smiled widely and immediately lifted her bridal style carrying her down the aisle while everyone threw black rose petals on them, his wife's favourite.

Lucasia giggled happily and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly while he walked down the aisle and carried her to the main hall for their party.

Once they were there, he approached the huge table on the top decorated with red and black ribbons and placed her on her feet. He then stood next to her and watched as everyone entered the room and settled down comfortably. As soon as all the guests were seated. He then opened the bottle of champagne and poured some in his glass and his wife's glass. He then tapped his spoon against his glass to get everyone's attention.

"Greetings everyone.. Today it's truly the happiest day of my life and I'm forever grateful that this lovely woman next to me is officially my wife. That's why I want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for attending this ceremony and for being here today on this joyful occasion. Thank you for your presence. And Cheers to devil's lawyer! "He said lifting his glass up, making Lucasia chuckle at the last word.

Rows of applause and cheers instantly erupted in the hall. And everyone lifted their glass of champagne and stared at them in awe. Some with tears in their eyes. Others in wonder. He smiled softly and then took a sip from his glass before staring at his Gattina to find her already looking at him.

He placed the glass on the table and wrapped his arm around her waist before placing a soft tender kiss on her lips. "My gorgeous wife" He whispered with a smug smile.

Lucasia smiled softly and placed a soft kiss back on his lips before caressing his cheek. Both of them lost in this moment of joy and peace. Finally after everything, here they were... with their family and friends, lawfully wedded to each other despite all the ups and downs.

Don't forget to vote, Thank you!