Chapter 8

The next day

Lucasia was currently at work. She finally got to go back to work after much arguing with Valentino early morning. She was a lawyer after all. She always got what she wanted and after much argument. Here she was in her office. Besides she needed a break from everything and she wanted to stay away from Valentino. The image of him on top of her had affected her a bit too much. She still felt wet when she thought of it. Fuck she really needed to get her hormones under control.

She shook the image of his bare chest out of her mind and concentrated on her work when suddenly someone barged inside her office room without knocking. But she didn't bother looking up, she already knew it was Samuel. That guy has been crushing on her for ages and always seemed to barge in her office with excuses everyday just to see her.

"Hi Mrs Cursewood," Samuel said grinning happily.

He was a cute guy with dark curly hair, pitch black eyes, cute lips and chubby cheeks. If only he wasn't a playboy then maybe she would have at least liked him as a friend. But she definitely wasn't interested in him, not one bit.

"It's Mrs King not Cursewood. I'm married now" She said not looking at him. She didn't know why she said it but she hoped if he knew she was married he would finally leave her alone. She was quite fed up of him to say the least.

"What.. You.. You are married?" Samuel stuttered in disbelief.

"Yes I am" She replied finally looking at him to see the guy staring at her in shock and anger.

"You are lying. You have no wedding ring" Samuel retorted back, staring at her ring finger and that's when she realised it was true.. After all they got married under quite complicated circumstances.

"True I don't have a wedding ring but my surname is King whether you like it or not" She said calmly crossing her arms over her chest.

He scoffed in reply and stared angrily at her. "You can't get married if it's not to me!" Samuel stated with jealousy. Oh that's it! She was done being polite.

"Look Samuel. I don't care what you think  but I'm married and I would appreciate if you would get the hell out of my office and stop annoying me everyday with stupid excuses because I know very well that all you wanted from the start is to get in my pants "She replied standing up and glaring at the guy in front of her.

Samuel seemed taken aback by her response and backed away from her. He turned towards the door and stared into her eyes one last time." You will regret rejecting me" He added before slamming the door in anger.

She chuckled softly. It wasn't a simple playboy that was going to scare her. She went through enough shit and dealt with many asshole like him, it wasn't now that she would be scared of such a simple threat. Shaking her head at his childish behaviour, she got back to work wanting to catch up on her other cases before heading home.

Hours later

Lucasia left her office and headed to the parking lot. It was very much late and there was barely anyone left. She walked hurriedly to her Range Rover wanting to go home quickly when suddenly someone grabbed her wrist. Turning around, she came face to face with a drunk Samuel. "What are you doing? Leave my hand Samuel" She said in a warning tone, trying to get away from him.

He pulled her closer to him in response. "No you were supposed to be mine" He said leaning closer to her.

She was going to kick his face but didn't even get the opportunity to when a fist collided with his jaw sending him away from her. She gasped and saw Valentino grabbing the guy's collar before slamming him against the nearby car.

"You brat. How dare you? How dare you touch my wife?" Valentino shouted, fuming in anger. He then started beating the guy in anger, hitting his face again and again with his fist.

"Valentino stop!" Lucasia said holding his arm and trying to pry him from Samuel but still Valentino did not stop. He hit him harder and harder.

"You are going to kill him, Stop! "She shouted again trying her best to pull him away.

Hearing her loud voice, he finally stopped but his knuckles were badly bruised and bloody as well as Samuel's face who was currently unconcious. He then let go of Samuel who fell down on the floor but he did not look at her. He looked so mad and was breathing very heavily. It was the first time she saw him this mad. For some reason, she did not like seeing him in such a state.

"Valentino it's okay.." She whispered placing a hand on his shoulder hoping to calm him down.

Valentino turned around to stare into her eyes. Fear, anger, jealousy, so many emotions were swirling in his eyes. She felt her heart beat faster at the sight of him. He was like that because of her. Did she matter to him?

"Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?" He asked cupping her cheeks with his bloody hands making her snap back to reality.

She felt her cheeks heat up from his gesture and simply whispered "No.. He didn't"

Valentino sighed in relief and hugged her tightly wrapping his arms around her protectively. "Starting from today I'm dropping you to work and taking you back home" He stated leaving no room for discussion.

She sighed deeply and slowly hugged him back. He was warm and she needed it right now. She inhaled his manly scent and felt immensely at peace. It was strange how she felt comfortable and safe with him considering that Valentino was the brother of the man she despised. Yet he had just beaten a guy for her till his knuckles were bruised badly. She could have defended herself for sure but he still kicked Samuel without any need to actually do so. That gesture alone made her heart soften a bit.

"Let's go back home now, I will tell the guys to come get your car," Valentino said grabbing her hand and taking her with him without waiting for her consent. And she actually remained quiet for once, allowing him to take her home.

Don't forget to vote, Thank you!!