18 - Flaming Piece of Trash does more Trashy things

Shoto POV:

My father pulled me by the arm down a corridor, his grip rough and painful. Tears were streaking down my cheeks silently, as my eyes were stuck looking down the hallway towards the library. I didn't know if Touya was okay, or if Izuku or my other siblings were either.

"Shoto, get ready." My father growls. "Your hairdresser and seamstress are in your room, along with three outfit coordinators."

I don't respond.

"During the ball, you're going to be presented with several princesses." My father continues. "After meeting with all of them, you're going to pick which one is going to be your queen." He stops suddenly and turns to me, squeezing his hand tighter. "Absolutely none of those foolish antics of yours. Do you understand me?"

I still don't respond, still looking in the opposite direction.

My father twists my hands and makes me stumble, and I hear a disturbing pop coming from my wrist.

"Say you understand." He growls again.

I simply whimper in pain. My father slaps me across the face again, with enough force to make me fall to the ground.

"Tell me you understand, or I'll go and find your brother and give him a piece of my mind!" Enji barks at me. I finally turn my head and look at him.

My lips tremble as I open my mouth. "I-I understand." I whisper. My father nods and pulls me up using my good arm. He continues pulling me in the direction of my room, but this time I put up no fight.

...

"Please turn to the side, Your Highness." An outfit designer says to me. Her voice was barely a whisper, soothing after the yelling my Father did earlier. She was new to the castle, which was strange.

I oblige, and glance down at her again. She was older than me, probably by ten or fifteen years, but she was younger than my father by many years as well. She was dark skinned, with black hair that was as long as her knees. She had silver implants on her face, three large tear drops on each cheek, and beautiful golden eyeshadow and dark black eyeliner. Dark lips that were currently sporting a serene smile.

She also was wearing a silky white dress with intricate patterns and golden designs. A white beaded necklace that was probably made of quartz hung perfectly on her chest. Large hoop earrings slightly swung below her ears.

It was peculiar. Usually the seamstresses and outfit designers were plainer looking, less noticeable. She was out of place. She seemed like she was about to go to a celebration like a wedding or a ball.

I realized she most likely was going to the ball. But that still didn't explain why she looked so unlike a regular person.

She told me to turn again, and she fixed up the sleeve on my left arm. My arms were still covered in bruises, so the suit I was wearing had to cover all of it. A makeup person was going to come in later and cover my red mark on my face.

After a few minutes of turning slightly, the outfit designer stood up.

I admire my clothing. It was a white suit with the right side covered in red designs in the shape of a raging fire. My sleeves ended right at my wrists, with more fire designs on the white fabric. My pants were also white as well, quite plain, but they completed the look.

My mind was still on what might've happened to everyone.

"It is already, Your Highness." She says, her voice is still soft yet clear. "If you would like, I could accompany you to your next few destinations?"

I blink and nod. She smiles and allows me to step off the small pedestal.

"What is your name?" I ask, curious.

She blinks. "The people call me Nirena." She says. I hum in thought.

"This is the second person I've met today who was named after a goddess." I say.

She gives me an amused smile. "Is that so?" She asks. "Isn't that.. strange."

I nod. "Quite."

...

I meet Fuyumi in the room where we enter the ballroom from.

She catches sight of me and rushes to check my face, arms, and neck. "Oh my gods, Shoto." She whispers. "The makeup is good though. It covers it enough. We're waiting for Natsu to arrive."

Her outfit was stunning as well. A long vibrant red dress that trailed at least three feet behind her. Her sleeves were skin tight until the elbows, where it opens wide and fluttery. There was golden embroidery all along her sleeve-ends and the bottom of her dress, and golden designs on her stomach and chest. The actual dress ended at the middle of her collarbones, but a matching red cloth was tied to her neck.

To top off the look, she wore large fake eyelashes and vivid red eyeshadow that was studded with rubies. She also had brilliant ruby red lipstick and just a hint of blush.

"I'm okay." I say. She releases my face and sighs, then turns to the women next to me, Nirena.

"Hello, Your Majesty." Nirena says, making a deep curtsy. "His Imperial Highness has been quite strict with you lately, my door is open anytime to talk." She says gently.

Fuyumi gives her a relieved smile. "I'm just worried about Touya and Shoto's friend." She says. Then she turns to me. "The others haven't been found, but that one boy, Izuku, I'm worried about him." She sighs. "And Touya is still in the infirmary with the head wound."

I frowned. "Is Touya-nii okay?" I ask.

"He's technically fine, but he's on some weird drugs that make him calmer. Supposed to heal the wound faster." She explains. She smiles a little. "It's quite funny actually, he says some funny things."

A door opens, revealing Natsu in his ballroom outfit. It was a simple white suit with a blue tie, and a bit of fire designs. Except the fire designs were a light cyan color, unlike me.

He walks up to us and smiles. "I assume Father is meeting us out there?" He asks, raising an eyebrow at the curtains separating us from the ballroom.

Fuyumi nods. "We need to wait for our introduction." She says. "I think it's me, then Natsu, then Shoto."

After a moment of talking, we heard the ballroom doors opening, signifying that the guests were entering the hall.

We waited about ten minutes as the guests arrived. The talking got louder as the clicks of heels and boots echoed across the floor. I wrung my hands together and sighed. This was going to be a long day.

<^> To Be Continued

(1k words)

Alright guys, I got more inspiration! 😃