3. Pesky Little Spell

"Jacaerys Strong-"

"Velaryon!" Jace corrected. Justice hummed softly.

"Please... lets begin." 

"Baela and Rhaena-"

"No, no." Justice corrected. "I want to know about these accusations which led to such violence. Lets go farther back." Justice suggested. "I want to hear about Harwin Strong." 

"That is irrelevant." Rhaenyra demanded. 

"Sit." Justice pointed a finger at rhaenyra and she was forced back into her chair. "Silence." Justice pinched her fingers together on one hand and Rhaenyra's lips sealed shut. "Wonderful... take me back Jacaerys."

"Well, Ser Harwin was always nice to us... he... My father wasnt around all the time, he was fighting in the wars to keep us safe but when he was here, he was a good father. Ser Harwin just always around..." Jace remarked. 

"Thats nice." Justice agreed. 

"We were... in the pits picking out an egg for Joffrey." Jace informed her. "That was just last fortnight... it seems like forever ago now." he whispered. 

"We are picking out an egg for mothers new baby." Jace declared grabbing Lukes hand and pulling him along.

"Can I come?" Harwin mused. Jace giggled turning around to him.

"You dont trust us?" Jace teased.

"I trust you completely my prince, it's your brother that is trouble." Harwin assured.

"What?" Luke countered shaking his head. "No, it's Jace that's trouble."

"Ser Harwin already said im great." Jace corrected.

"I think you need to get your ears checked," Luke countered. "That's not what he said."

"That's what he meant." Jace assured as they headed to the dragon pits. "Arrax..." Jace remarked as they walked carefully around the dragons. "Vermax... looking good bud." Jace went on and Harwin chuckled following them in.

"So many options." Luke remarked.

"Well we can find the perfect one." Jace assured. "Take our time-" he began but picked one up. "Perfect!" he declared.

"What happened to take our time?" Harwin teased and Jace laughing putting it back down.

"It is though." Jace whispered.

"What do you think about this one?" Luke asked holding it up.

"That's a rock luke." Jace corrected and Luke threw it over his shoulder.

"You saw nothing!" Luke declared. Harwin watched them running around the cave picking up and putting down the eggs, modeling them before Luke came back to the first one that Jace had picked up and stared down at it.

"This one." Luke said and Jace's jaw dropped as he looked to Harwin.

"I told you so." Jace whispered leaning into Harwin.  "Wow... who's dragon is that?" 

"Big beast." Harwin remarked. 

"RUN!" Luke squealed out. 

"Oh shit." Jace agreed chasing him out. Harwin looked between them before he saw the fire bubbling in the back of the cave. 

"That is so precious!" Justice declared. "I love father son bonding, it warms my heart!" 

"Laenor-" Rhaenyra began but again Justice clamped her fingers together. 

"Do go on Jacaerys." Justice coed. Rhaenyra huffed out a breath as she released her fingers allowing her to breath. Alicent couldnt help the snide smile that appeared on her face. 

''And he sees a big, scary dragon! Mother... look. We chose an egg for the baby.'' Jace had declared. 

''Ahh. That looks like the perfect one.'' Rhaenyra agreed looking down at her two boys.

''I let Luke choose.'' Jacaerys remarked.

''Thank you, Jace.'' Lucerys answered. 

"But I picked it first." Jace added softly. 

''Not every day an egg leaves the Dragon pit, Princess. I thought it best to escort the lads.'' Harwin remarked kindly. 

''Laenor and I thank you, Commander.' Rhaenyra said softly meeting his handsome gaze.

''Another boy, I heard. What a fine knight you are going to make, eh? Might I?'' Harwin questioned looking to the babe.

''Ser Harwin wishes to be introduced to Joffrey.'' Rhaenyra told Laenor, Laenor looked to Harwin's deep black hair, much like his childrens hair, he hesitated before passing him off.

''Of course.''

''Joffrey, is it?'' Harwin questioned.

''Mm-hm. Mm.'' Rhaenyra agreed bitterly.

''Father, please may I hold Joffrey?'' Luke questioned.

''No, no. No. Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah. Back to the Dragon pit for you two.'' Laenor remarked.

'Come on!' Luke begged.

''Before they send out a search party.'' Laenor told them leading them out, the door closed.

"Now, what happened behind closed doors?" Justice mused. Rhaenyra glared back at her. "Your turn to speak, do keep up." 

"Nothing, he said hello and left." Rhaenyra answered shortly.  Again, Justice tsked. 

"Rhaenyra, you should not tell lies." Justice corrected. 

"I'm not- OW!" Rhaenyra shouted. she lifted the sleeve of her dress and saw a mark searing into her skin. "I'm not lying! OW!" 

"Yikes," justice giggled out. "Yeah... thats a pesky little spell for liars. Tell the truth or it sears deeper in your skin." 

"I'm not- OW!" Rhaenyra screamed out. "Stop it!" 

"I can't. Not until the trial is over." Justice corrected. "So answer the question honestly and we can move on." 

"Fine." Rhaenyra huffed out, there was nothing wrong with their meeting. It was pure and clean. Just... not something she wanted everyone to hear. Justice waited hands clasped in front of her patiently. 

''You're asleep in front of the Commander of the City Watch." Harwin had teased down to Joffrey ''Terrible lack of respect.''

''A certain insolence runs in the family, I'm afraid.'' Rhaenyra agreed. Justice tipped her head to Rhaenyra. 

"And what did you mean by that?" Justice pondered.