12. Never Be Queen

"Viserys I think it is your time to face some hard facts you have been pretending to be blind to." Justice offered. "lets start with most recently though. How about the allegations that presented themself today and how you already knew such things, and yet you were going to harass Aemond and Aegon over the bastard title... come now, lets take a look." 

''Are you sure it wasn't our Aegon who put them up to it?'' Viserys had pondered. 

''It's a wonder to me their eggs ever hatched.'' Alicent had hissed. 

"It was me." Aegon admitted and Viserys nodded as though his point was just proven. 

"It doesnt matter, they joined in on his abuse and you see, you see what they did to your son and you are just going to... to do nothing. You dont even fucking care!" Alicent shouted. "Aemond lost an eye and you were just going to let it slide on by like an eye is nothing grand, he is your son and you tossed him aside so easily for Rhaenyra." Alicent whimpered. 

"He is a bad father and husband." Justice agreed. 

''And why is that?'' Viserys had asked innocently.

''You know why.'' Alicent had hissed.

''I'm afraid I don't.'' Viserys countered and current Viserys avoided Justice's gaze as she shook her head tsking him and his ignorance, blind ignorance. 

''Don't!'' Alicent inhaled a tight breath before letting it out ''Viserys...'' she had so much she wanted to say but none of it would come out because she would never be able to compare to Aemma. Her children would never compare to Rhaenyra. 

''We shall continue this afternoon, Eddard.'' Viserys declared and he nodded moving away from the replica he was creating and heading out.

''I have raised this matter before and you forbade me to speak of it, so I held my tongue." Alicent reminded him and Viserys sighed. ''To have one child like that is a mistake, to have three is an insult, to the throne, to you, to House Velaryon and the match you battled so hard to make for her. Not to mention decency itself.'' Alicent told him stiffly.

''I had a black mare once. Black like a raven.'' Viserys told her calmly. ''One day, she escaped her pasture and the neighboring stallion sired a foal on her. The stallion was as silver as the moon on a winter's night and the foal, when it was born, chestnut.'' Viserys told her with a chuckle ''Just the most unremarkable brown horse you ever saw. Nature is a thing of mysterious works. ''

'How do you know?" Alicent countered. ''The silver stallion. How do you know it was him? Did you witness the act itself?'' Viserys banged a hand down on the table silencing her, he wouldn't hear this again.

'The consequences of an allegation like the one you toy at would be dire." Viserys said with a deep sigh, his shoulders sagged as he turned away from her. ''Do not speak of this again''.

"Wow," Justice declared. "Your beautiful wife wants to have a real conversation with you and your mind goes straight to figurines and horses... disappointing. No wonder this kingdom is doomed." 

"Doomed?" Viserys countered. 

"You will dead, you dont have to worry about that. Your name will live on through another Viserys and he will be a cunt and torment his sister much like you tormented Alicent, physically and verbally. Silencing her."

"How do you-" Viserys rasped. 

"Magical deity." Justice pointed a finger at herself. "Keep up... Oh there is more."

Alicent looked to Criston and sighed, might as well get everything out in the open since they were all confessing unintentionally.

''She flaunts the privilege of her inheritance without shame. She expects everyone in the Red Keep to deny the truth our eyes can all plainly see. And the King, her father...'' Alicent had sneered. Rhaenyra huffed a breath. 

''He knows.'' Criston offered cautiously.

''Of course, he knows." Alicent had hissed.

"He fucking knows." Justice assured. Viserys looked to Rhaenyra and for the first time in years Rhaenyra saw resentment in his eyes. She did this to them, she brought this on them and he had always protected her. 

 ''Or did once, but has convinced himself otherwise. He'll do naught but make excuses for her. The Princess Rhaenyra is brazen and relentless. A spider who stings and sucks her prey dry.'' Alicent had declared. 

''A spoiled cunt.'' Criston agreed and a smug smile pulled at Alicent's lips. ''That was beneath me, Your Grace. I apologize.'' Rhaenyra scoffed out. 

"You are just bitter and jealous." Rhaenyra corrected and all eyes turned to her as the scene faded from the room.

"No." Alicent corrected.  "You spent a lifetime trying to declare your children as trueborn Velaryons when in actuality your children were that of Harwin Strong, Viserys protected you, Laenor loved those boys and I did try to help you but you... you betrayed me and you dont even care that Aemond is hurt, because it's always you, you, you." Alicent declared. "You are selfish and don't think about that, nor the consequences that your children have to face!"

"Lies." Rhaenyra hissed.

" Your children have to face the whispers around them because of you. You undoubtedly placed your children in the line of fire of those whispers and now those whispers have turned into violence and hatred towards them, towards my child and all these damn claims."

"You are bitter woman, coveting a crown that never should have been yours." Rhaenyra seethed. 

"No." Alicent corrected and Justice smirked. "You know what," Alicent was gaining a backbone and Justice loved seeing a woman find her power and strength.  "Jace will never be king because you will never be queen."