Chapter Twenty-Seven

A few weeks later...

Saturday night - 10PM

Nightclub, London. 

(Lucy POV)

"Yes!" I laughed. 

I was out yet again with a bunch of friends from college, laughing and messing around. 

I was finally finding more confidence again, I felt amazing. I was also now seeing Josh from college, he made me feel so happy.

We'd all just came out from one of the gigs that his band had played on the other side of London, we decided to go for a few drinks after a successful show.

A few people had aproached me at the gig, asking if I was Ben's ex girlfriend, I nodded and they were asking questions. I answered a few, then others I ignored.

"Yeah, well I'm happy to actually call her mine." Josh replied to one of my friends, then he cuddled me closer to him.

I smiled and kissed him. 

"Well I can't blame you mate, she's beautiful." His friend said.

I blushed and laughed. He smiled, then looked at me.

"She sure is." He said. He stroked my head.

Josh never knew about my scars though. He didn't even know about my parents passing away, he just thought they were never around much. 

I don't know why, but something about him just made me want to keep it a little secret, incase he overreacted. 

I thought it was silly though, I could share my whole life story with a band member straight away, I could tell them everything. But a boy who I knew from college? I couldn't possibly tell him that.

I frowned a little, thinking more of Ben. I don't know why, but I obviously don't want to loose my feelings for Ben.

No matter what, I had always loved him, why couldn't I continue to like him?

Oh yeah, because he kind of broke my heart. 

"Are you okay Lucy?" I heard Josh ask.

I snapped out of everything and just looked at him and smiled. "Yeah thanks, I'm just daydreaming." I lied.

Meanwhile...

America. - 9AM

(Ben POV)

I woke up suddenly, the sound of someone knocking loudly at my door scared me.

I shot up, I rushed around, looking for the mirror, I saw it, and sorted my hair out. I looked like a total mess, I had been drinking non-stop. 

I'd end up dying soon.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, the sound of the knocks burnt my eyes and head. 

"Will you stop fucking knocking?! I'm coming." I shouted.

I then walked to the front door, kicking bottles of almost every alcohol in existence out of the way. 

I unlocked the the door and swung it open. There stood Danny, who was well dressed, he looked smart and he looked angry.

"What?" I asked, feeling totally out of it.

"What the fuck do you think?" Danny snapped. "I've been trying to get hold of you all day long. We had a meeting two hours ago with the record label! YOU are the creator of this band, you were meant to be there!" 

I stopped, completely shocked. I'd forgot about everything. 

I really was runing my life now..

I needed to change, and fast.