Chapter Forty-Four

15 mins later...

(Danny POV)

We were now at the radio station, it was quite awkward between Ben and Lucy for some reason. Nobody knew what was up, but they just seemed pretty distant from one another, like something bad had happened.

I looked at them for longer than I needed to, so Lucy ended up looking my way, I jumped a little, then looked away, making eye contact with James, who was staring into space.

I started chuckling, then he looked at me. "What?"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Nothing." 

All of a sudden, a pretty female walked in, she was clearly the receptionist, she smiled at us all. "Hello everyone. You'll be asked to go into another room shortly, I'll take you there, you'll be recording a show with the presenter. There's just a few rules though I need to go through." 

I sighed a little, I hated this kind of thing. The fact you weren't even allowed to swear on pre-recorded things. They could just use a sound effect and block it out if they hated it so much. But it wasn't really needed. 

"So, first thing is, please don't say anything very insulting, as we don't want listeners to be upset at all. Second, no swearing if you can help it please, we wanted it to be a later time that the interview is aired to listeners, but sadly there's no spot. Please, just try to have fun, but don't have too much fun. That's all really." She finished.

Everyone nodded. She smiled then stood up. "Right, Lee, the presenter will want to meet you, get you all set up, then the interview can begin. If you'd follow me please." She said to us.

We all got up except for Lucy, she just sat tapping away on her mobile, she looked sad and annoyed a little. Ben turned to her and looked at her. "Are you going to come too?" He asked.

She just looked at him and shrugged.  But before she could say anything, the woman butted in. "I'm sorry, but she's going to have to wait out here anyway, as we don't want to room too crowded."

Ben turned, rolled his eyes then nodded. "Fair enough." 

The woman headed out of a door, and we followed her, leaving Lucy sitting alone. I felt bad for her, and I guess Ben did too. 

He stopped behind a little and he spoke to her, she nodded and gave a fake smile, then Ben kissed her head and walked over to me.

"You alright mate?" He asked.

I just nodded and smiled. Then we headed down a hall and into a recording room.

The interview began pretty much straight away.

Half an hour later...

(Lucy POV)

I was still sitting in the waiting room all alone. I was looking down at my phone, playing on a game that I randomly downloaded.

I felt so down today, I don't know why. I guess the depression about everything with Ben still had me upset. I knew I shouldn't be ignoring him lots. But I guess I had to.

Suddenly, the door opened and in walked the receptionist. She sat down at a table in the corner of the room, after a while I asked her. "Excuse me, do you know if the boys will be coming out anytime soon?"