Chapter Twenty-Eight

A month later...

London, UK.

8pm

(Lucy POV)

I looked at my reflection and smiled, I was just about to skype Ben, as I hadn't spoke to him face to face in ages.

We'd been texting a lot lately, he seemed okay, like he wasn't just asking for me back, he honestly wanted to be friends with me though, which I thought was nice enough.

I'd been out with Josh all day, we'd been shopping around London, I was tired enough, but Josh had a gig to play! 

All of a sudden, my phone started buzzing. I grabbed it from my bed and looked at the screen, Ben had texted me. I smiled.

"Hey Lucy, when are you gonna call me then on skype, I just logged on and it says you're offline." It said.

I chuckled, I didn't bother replying, I just sat down and logged onto my skype, as soon as I got on, Ben was calling me.

I suddenly felt nervous and shy, like he was going to think I looked stupid, unattractive. But wait, why would I need to worry about that? I had Josh in my life now, I was happy enough with him.

I managed to gather up a tiny bit of confidence, and I answered the call. 

At first, all you could see was a black screen, I went a little red, feeling like he was just watching me. I sat there awkwardly.

Then his face popped up on the screen. 

I was totally shocked, I knew I shouldn't really of been, but, it was Ben. He didn't seem okay at all though.

He sat there, and smiled lightly, he looked right at the camera, blushing a little, but all I could see was how drained from everything he looked.

"Are you okay Ben?" I asked, feeling a little worried about him.

He didn't quite get that I'd just spoke, he seemed in a day dream world, like he was totally out of it.

"Ben?" I asked again, wanting to grab his attention in some sort of way.

He looked again and laughed. "Oh, hello there." 

I smiled at him, but it was fake of course, I was too scared about his safety to smile.

"Ben, are you okay?" I asked again. Now this was getting just a little annoying.

He nodded. I didn't believe him though, I frowned.

"Are you sure? I mean, you look...drained." I replied.

He just sat there and nodded, but then he shook his head, then totally stopped and just shrugged, going back into a dream world again.

"One second." He said.

I nodded, he stood up, moving the camera, it fell and showed his bedroom.

I gasped, opening my eyes wider and raising my eyebrows so high that they could've took the celing out with them.

"Fucking hell." I heard Ben mutter, then he sighed and lifted the camera back up, he placed it down, then grabbed what he wanted to get in the first place.