6

"Kaianna Rivers."

Kaianna smiled brightly, instantly recognizing the voice, "Johanna Mason."

Johanna wrapped the girl in a hug, having it be the first time they had truly seen each other, since they had gotten back to the capital, "How are you holding up?"

"How do you think," Kaianna chuckled, "you?"

"This is complete bullshit," Johanna smiled humorously as she held up her axe, "are you up for a round?"

"Maybe later," The green-eyed girl gave her friend a shrug, "I'm actually- looking for Katniss."

"Katniss as an ally," Johanna smirked, and sent out a wink, "you know, you've always been the smarter one. Between you and Finnick anyway."

Kaianna laughed as she brought the woman into another hug, understanding the undertones of her words instantly. Of course she was apart of this. She didn't really have anything to lose either. That's why they got along so well. They understood each other seamlessly, "I'll see you later."

Kaianna sent out one last smile to her friend, and stepped out of their conversation. She wandered around the training room for a awhile, catching a glance at some of the other tributes. She saw everything she needed from district one and two, to come to the conclusion that they weren't apart of the plan. It was obvious that they were trying to intimidate everyone around them.

Her eyes met Peeta's briefly as she saw him scoping out the competition. She wasn't really trying to talk to him, as much as she was Katniss, because she felt herself drawn to Katniss more. Her eyes scanned the room, settling on the fire building station.

"You should move your hands downward," Kaianna stopped in her tracks, deciding not to add herself to the conversation right away once Katniss spoke towards the district three tributes. She hadn't spoken to Wiress, nor Beetee but, she felt a sense of connection to him. He had practically saved her life after all, "and- faster too."

The young girl from twelve, sat down in front of the man and woman, propping her arm on one of her knees. Beetee followed her instructions, and moved his hands downward, and faster. Wiress gasped when smoke began to form.

"A little brute force-" She began.

"Is always helpful," Beetee cut his partner off with a grin, which turned more grateful when he exchanged glances with Katniss, "thank you."

Kaianna sensed a certain genuine quality about the young girl, almost immediately. Katniss would be a threat but, only to the people she couldn't trust.

"By the corner of the table." Wiress pointed out.

Kaianna held a look of confusion but, when the group before her glanced toward the spectator's area, she followed suit, recognizing what Wiress had caught, almost immediately. She couldn't resist thinking about the stone flinging itself back to her, just moments before she made her last kill. It made her want to shut her eyes tightly until the image left her head but, she wouldn't. She'd just pretend like nothing was wrong. She couldn't show any weakness. Kaianna missed part of the trio's conversation but, then she had zoned back in.

"Top left hand side," Beetee tilted Katniss's face, so she could get a better view, "do you see it?"

"It looks like glass." Katniss recognized.

"To separate us and them." Wiress explained.

"Probably my fault," The teenager shrugged, finally noticing Kaianna's presence, as the woman walked closer, "I shot an arrow at them last year."

Kaianna smiled weakly at the memory, as she remembered the pride she felt when she had heard about it all unfolding. She ignored Katniss's confused glance as she took a seat on the ground next to her, "I remember that. Wish I'd had the guts to do something like it myself."