Epilogue - Fly Away

"Hey Jabba, do you remember when we talked about the best ten days of my life?", I ask him as I am close enough to his airplane.

"Taylor, what the fuck are you doing here?", he wants to know shocked as he hears my voice and sees my plane popping up on his radar.

"I just wanted to see how your day is going.", I tell him sweetly and fly my plane next to his.

"And why do you need a Raptor for that? Did they already kick you out of your plane, number five?"

"So, do you remember or not?", I ask him again and I can hear him sigh loudly, because he hates it when I evade his questions.

"Of course, I can. Why do you want to know that?"

"Because I need a favor from you."

"Woman...", he growls over the radio, and I snicker.

"Just do what I say, okay?"

"Seriously?"

"Yes!"

"Okay.", he sighs in defeat.

"Set your plane to autopilot.", I instruct him as I do the same.

"I did that."

"Now raise your right hand." I look over to his plane and see his right hand raised.

"Taylor, what are you planning?"

"Just keep repeating and fill in the blanks. I – please state your name.", I say and then he starts to realize what is happening.

"No way!", he says shocked.

"I – please state your name.", I repeat amused and then he speaks after me.

"Now look up.", I tell him when he has finished retaking his oath. The six planes of the Thunderbirds pass over us.

"Holy shit.", he says as they do, and I laugh.

"Congratulations Commander Johnson. So, tell me, what placing does this get me in your ten best days of your life?"

"I would say it is number five. Because nothing will top the other four."

"Bummer, but challenge accepted. See you at base in a few minutes.", I tell him and turn my plane around to head to Fallon.

After I landed and stopped my plane in my assigned spot, I wait for Dave next to my jet. It doesn't take him long to do the same and as soon as he out of his airplane, he runs towards me, pulls me into his strong arms and spins us around.

"I've missed you.", he says after a long kiss. Fucking three months. It has been three months since I have last seen Dave when he visited me in Vegas.

"I missed you too, babe." Quickly I put a peck on his lips.

"What are you doing here? And what was that?", he asks me, and I can see all sorts of different emotions going through him. Surprise that I am here and was the one to retake his oath. Sadness, because he thinks that I will be leaving soon again. And the love he has for me.

"That was your promotion, Commander Johnson.", I tell him and take out the patches from my pockets to change his rank on his uniform.
"Don't you remember that you said you wished you had a cool promotion and I thought to myself what kind of hell I could break lose in my last few months.", I grin and leave out a very important detail.

"But how were you able to pull that off?"

"Let's just say it has its perks to be in the Thunderbirds, to be an admiral's daughter and the goddaughter of the commanding officer of this base.", I tell him amused.